• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Both coat and pants are exceedingly well matched with that wall.

It's urban camouflage tweed, in case he should feel the urge to stalk deer in SW3

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HHD
It's urban camouflage tweed, in case he should feel the urge to stalk deer in SW3

Russian deers ?

They 're normally in Kensington...

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
The coats are most probably pinned in the back (look at pockets).

+1.

Wideknot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HHD
This jacket looks great

41035_461006123522_39495393522_6326372_5545288_n.jpg

Looks small to me. Quarters are excessively open, buttoning stance is high, jacket and sleeve length are short. That combination makes it look like he's wearing his little brother's jacket, not that he's au courant style-wise. Not the impression that I'd want to convey.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or a very short morning coat

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are clearly designed by a woman who made clothes for women all her life, but was advised to diversify into men'swear in these tough times.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
They both look fantastic, and I love the shirt and tie combos.

i think those shirt and tie combinations only look good on the runway with the right lighting. i would be interested to see you pulling it off in WAYWRN
smile.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
it's the way it's cut. follow any of the stripes from the body all the way down.

If you follow the stripes down you'll notice that the stripes below the waist are splaying out to either side instead of being vertical, which shows that it is most likely that they are being pulled open (whether by pinning, being too small around the hips, or whatever). They are cut pretty open as well, but there are certainly factors other than the cut making them appear even more open than they have been cut.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
^ You should take his advice and develop an alter ego - "not a psychopathic one," of course - who can wear the bow. I suggest that you name him "Wilbur"

If Im ever going to wear a bowtie, its going to have to come with one of these matching accessories:
tom%20ford.jpg

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
If you follow the stripes down you'll notice that the stripes below the waist are splaying out to either side instead of being vertical, which shows that it is most likely that they are being pulled open (whether by pinning, being too small around the hips, or whatever). They are cut pretty open as well, but there are certainly factors other than the cut making them appear even more open than they have been cut.

i think you are missing the point... or rather, in this case... the line(s).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hawaiianshirt