• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Service Based Multi Tasking is coming this summer and I can type 60-70 wpm on it. Sure you wont write a novel on it, but for email and messaging, its solid.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's for the iPhone. They said they're not releasing OS 4.0 for the iPad until later in the year. So it's coming but not quite as soon as you expect.

Note: I am going off what was said when they first announced 4.0 so it may have changed since then although I don't recall hearing that and I'm pretty up-to-date on the gadget blogs.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played around with my uncle's iPad over the long weekend. I know all about its limitations blah blah blah, but damn it's addictive and fun to use. I wouldn't recommend it over a laptop, but it's a very nice supplement, particularly if you do a lot of traveling.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
That's for the iPhone. They said they're not releasing OS 4.0 for the iPad until later in the year. So it's coming but not quite as soon as you expect.

Note: I am going off what was said when they first announced 4.0 so it may have changed since then although I don't recall hearing that and I'm pretty up-to-date on the gadget blogs.

I am thinking the developer beta release will be at wwdc, so ill download it then. Of course programs have to be written with the APIs to take advantage of multitasking, so i guess it will take a while

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I played around with my uncle's iPad over the long weekend. I know all about its limitations blah blah blah, but damn it's addictive and fun to use. I wouldn't recommend it over a laptop, but it's a very nice supplement, particularly if you do a lot of traveling.

It sure is fun as a second portable around the house. We use it to do quick searches for phone numbers, reciepes, movies, etc....

Sunnydale

Reaction score
My father picked one today. So far of what i've seen I like it. Might have to get one myself.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T&T sucks balls. Apparently unlimited plans are no longer unlimited (they never really were but I don't think the 5 GB cap was ever enforced). There is now a 2 GB cap with overage charges.

This may not matter as much for a phone but I think it might with a device like the iPad. Of course, one can always use wifi when it's available.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is mainly using this thing, and for what purpose? Media types and students?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay I have to change my stance on the iPad. I love them.

I don't own one, never will own one, but am very glad my boss got one.

Whenever a court filing comes in, instead of printing it out and tabbing exhibits in a notebook for him, I just assemble the PDFs into one large bookmarked PDF and he just reads it from his iPad.

Sweet.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Okay I have to change my stance on the iPad. I love them.

I don't own one, never will own one, but am very glad my boss got one.

Whenever a court filing comes in, instead of printing it out and tabbing exhibits in a notebook for him, I just assemble the PDFs into one large bookmarked PDF and he just reads it from his iPad.

Sweet.

That sounds like a reasonable use for it, rather than playing games and reading emails and all that nonsense.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
That sounds like a reasonable use for it, rather than playing games and reading emails and all that nonsense.

I still hate Apple, and am still a moron and a troll, but I give cred where it's due.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new 2 GB 3G plan is bullshit. (it will only affect new customers though.)

In the first 30 days that I've had mine, I've used about 2.5 GB.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my buddy brought his over to try and convince me.

korg ielectribe app is cool and the autodesk thing where you can doodle with your finger is awesome.

ibook thing is neat in concept (turning pages, etc) only i can't see myself reading a book on it, especially at 10 bucks a pop. it would be useless since i mainly read outdoors, anyways.

i'd happily accept one as a gift but i can't see myself spending that kind of cash on it at this point.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
korg electribe app....tell me more...

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently interviewed an outsides sales position for a social media startup. They're using ipads in the field to show prospective clients their platform. It seems like a great idea.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nostradamus