• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Former Fatso, looking for help.

Lizen

Reaction score
Hey everybody, just wanted to say I've been creeping the forums for quite some time and now I am in need of some advice. I'm 20 years old and I was a fat kid the majority of my life. At my peak, I was 310 pounds. Now, thanks to proper diet and cardio and lifting, I'm down to 240 with a solid amount of muscle. My issue is this, I have loads of stretch marks and excess skin on my body. It's disgusting to do push ups without my shirt on. It just hangs. Is plastic surgery the only option or do you think in a matter of time I can build enough muscle to fill out the skin. Thanks in advance.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Congrats on losing 70 lbs, but unless you're 6'8", why are you taking your shirt off if you weigh 240?
uhoh.gif

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Congrats on losing the weight, and yes I believe surgery may be the only way to remove it. Double check though as medical procedures are always subject to new innovative techniques. Welcome to the forum btw.

On a side note, bad joke Kwilk.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean you could have left what you wrote. I get what you were saying, but the dude just said he took off his shirt to do pushups, not to go to the mall.

I know you're not a mean guy Kwilk
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pretty ****** kwilk.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
pretty ****** kwilk.

How is it ******? Sorry, but the dude is not there yet. Need I mention how I've lost over 40 pounds since my heaviest but people on here still call me fat? There's a reason, ITS BECAUSE IM STILL FAT, regardless of whether I'm less so than I was.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
How is it ******? Sorry, but the dude is not there yet. Need I mention how I've lost over 40 pounds since my heaviest but people on here still call me fat? There's a reason, ITS BECAUSE IM STILL FAT, regardless of whether I'm less so than I was.

But you're cuddly.

Down 20# since you saw me, bud.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
I went from 280lbs to 150lbs and i still have loose hanging skin everywhere so yes surgery is the only answer or you can just deal with it like i do.

Lizen

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. And yes, I still am fat, I know this. Honestly, the only problem area is my stomach and my man boobs. One of my friend's father is a re constructive plastic surgeon. The only bad part about the surgery is that it is cosmetic, so it's not covered by health insurance at all.

Kris

Reaction score
Consider a trip abroad for cosmetic surgery. My dad went to Costa Rica for a week and had a root canal. The whole trip and dental work cost less than what the uninsured procedure would have cost him in California. A root canal ain't no tummy tuck, but you get the idea.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Get the surgery.

Yes, this is what I was going to get at before everybody called me a dick.
If you're still fat, and you don't want to be, then deal with the skin right now. Getting the surgery now and then losing more weight would do you no good whatsoever.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GentWithoutaCent