• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, lots of stylish Italian men with your body type wear the tapered pants with no break look.

The difference is that their jackets are not as structured as yours (softer shoulder, less roping) and the waist suppression not as severe.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Simone Finamore; more pics on http://suitorial.blogspot.com/
29z623n.jpg

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I hope my eccentric extra high contrast club collar idea turns out nicely^^.
Your photo here has probably won a one way ticket to CSI.
I do have a selection of photos that would virtually be a subscription to CSI
blush.gif

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
thanks everyone for the feedback.

im not sure that the problems are attributed to being influenced from here. the two obvious things are the patch pockets and the trouser cuffs and i dont think theyre throwing anything out.

the two key areas are the waist suppression, which was my preference at the time but perhaps it was a bit aggressive, and the trouser taper, which was the tailors preference. i didnt realise that the highly tapered trouser was a forum groupthink. i guess you have to try everything once before you see what does/doesnt work for you.

jacket looks pretty good, I think it's the pant that made you stand out in a way you didn't intend to, try a fuller pants with fulll length first maybe?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im not sure that the problems are attributed to being influenced from here. the two obvious things are the patch pockets and the trouser cuffs and i dont think theyre throwing anything out.

the two key areas are the waist suppression, which was my preference at the time but perhaps it was a bit aggressive, and the trouser taper, which was the tailors preference. i didnt realise that the highly tapered trouser was a forum groupthink. i guess you have to try everything once before you see what does/doesnt work for you.

You're the recipient of some good feedback. I don't have photoshop installed at the mo' so this is a very quick and rough demo.... and I'm not saying the suggested length is spot on, just a quick example. A little longer on the viewers left:

testfb.jpg

But other than a niggle about coat length, look at the picture MINUS the trouser issues and I think the coat fit is otherwise not bad... shoulders aren't perfect The amount of waist suppression is personal preference of course:

test2cb.jpg

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

The MOST obvious thing is the shoulder width. The jacket's shoulders do not match yours - the jacket is too small.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
But other than a niggle about coat length, look at the picture MINUS the trouser issues and I think the coat fit is otherwise not bad... shoulders aren't perfect The amount of waist suppression is personal preference of course:
test2cb.jpg

Yes, it is personal preference. That doesn't mean too narrow shoulders with roping, a pinched waist, and flared hips is a flattering silhouette on a non-mesomorphic individual. Chopping a picture in half and only considering one half of the equation seems a bit disingenuous.
What possible rationale would you have for choosing a highly tapered trouser? You mentioned a couple posts back that these were made by Ambrosi, I believe. I have never heard of Ambrosi outside of this forum, had you? He has produced nothing that looks even halfway decent for anybody here. The non-balanced highly tapered look doesn't flatter anyone (at least pictured here), and it seems obvious at this point he makes no attempt to make clothes that actually fit and complement an individual rather than his template. Either that, or people are printing out pictures of mafoofan and bring them to him. From what I've seen, I'd never use him.

texican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
The MOST obvious thing is the shoulder width. The jacket's shoulders do not match yours - the jacket is too small.
Originally Posted by username79
Yes, it is personal preference. That doesn't mean too narrow shoulders with roping, a pinched waist, and flared hips is a flattering silhouette on a non-mesomorphic individual. Chopping a picture in half and only considering one half of the equation seems a bit disingenuous.
Carygrant, Mr Moo and username79, could you enlighten me on the shoulder issues? Just curious to learn. What indicates to you that they're to narrow, how much etc? Thanks! EDIT admittedly, looking at the left shoulder (I was somehow fixated on the right one) in the photo makes it relatively clear...

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79

No, no no... my point is that isolated from the VERY bad trouser issues, the coat just needs tweaking. The proper trousers would help the "pear shape" part quite a bit- and I'd rather see that than a torso construction that makes him look blocky.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Gshen - i dont know if it is the fit of the jacket/pants ... or the weather making you uneasy, but there is something funny going on around your tummy area.

Nice colors though.

Agree that the fit looks pretty **** in that pic. Combination of too many things probably - jacket is unlined & uncanvassed cotton with a buttoning point that's too high, trousers are very lightweight linen with bad drape and shirt was not properly, tucked plus the weather...

Thanks anyway nii, always appreciate your honest feedback!

Just back from a meetup with Binge, great guy! Half smile for my new friend who complained I always look pissed off:

P1060420.jpg

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
What possible rationale would you have for choosing a highly tapered trouser?

You mentioned a couple posts back that these were made by Ambrosi, I believe. I have never heard of Ambrosi outside of this forum, had you? He has produced nothing that looks even halfway decent for anybody here. The non-balanced highly tapered look doesn't flatter anyone (at least pictured here), and it seems obvious at this point he makes no attempt to make clothes that actually fit and complement an individual rather than his template. Either that, or people are printing out pictures of mafoofan and bring them to him. From what I've seen, I'd never use him.[/quote]

It think the Ambrosi comment was a joke... Plus there are plenty of wonderful examples on the forum so...

Sebastian

Reaction score
This time a more structured fit:

p1010020hm.jpg

p1010023eq.jpg

p1010012e.jpg

p1010003h.jpg

p1010008a.jpg

Suit: Mark & Spencer Luxury
Shirt: Sammy Eaton
Tie: Borrelli Kaschmir / Seide
Cardigan: no name
Shoes: Romano Martegani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78