• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnteachl

Reaction score
Found a Canali double breasted blazer, price was right at $8.00 but the double breasted is not my style so I left it. Beautiful jacket though, loved the gold buttons! Probably one of the nicest I have tried on!

GentlemanGeorge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Yeah, you told us.

I like the toiletries bag

I had to say something, because my reply was originally a comment aimed at a spam message with nonsense like: "the popular is what you want, right?" I said, "that's nothing to brag about", but when they removed the spam it looked like I was talking about the Isaia suit.
eh.gif

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the local Off 5th. They had a Brioni dress shirt (off white) sz 16/41 that with the 50% off would have been $60.00. Said the original price was $500. Killed me it wasn't my size

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Today was a good day!

3 Etro bar stripe shirts
Borrelli shirt
Randolph Engineering, vintage Rayban Aviators, Smith sunglasses
Oxxford blue windowpane suit
Alden perf medallion captoe
Mercanti Fiorentini 5972 wingtip
AE Northfield penny loafers NWOT
AE Cedarville penny loafers NWOT

Korki Bucheck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RebelWithACause
From a few weeks of thrifting. I had more pics, but something happened and I lost them.

This is nice. Reminds me of a post by The Trad a few weeks back:

Herring+Shirt1.jpg

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Went to the local Off 5th. They had a Brioni dress shirt (off white) sz 16/41 that with the 50% off would have been $60.00. Said the original price was $500. Killed me it wasn't my size

ill pay you price + proxy.
make me offer.
Was that spread cut away collar??

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
Today,

2 Robert Talbott dress shirts, one is from the bespoke line and will be up for sale
3 woolrich shirts
1 Aberdeen coat

I have read that is possible to slim down a shirt, the Talbott bespoke shirt is the biggest one I have come across, if no one bites in the B&S forums, its going to be my test shirt.

BBC

Reaction score
Nadda the past couple of days - the only thing worth picking up was a Burberry London (made in USA) nova check plaid shirt for selling on eBay.

Swan Song

Reaction score
Wow! My first Handwoven in Donegal Magee Jacket.

Can anyone narrow the age by the labelling? Magee is woven into the lining.

Gorgeous weave...see second-to-last picture for true colors.....with horn buttons.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went back to the thrift to buy an Axel's dress shirt I stupidly passed on this past Friday afternoon. To my disappointment, the Axel's dress shirt was gone, but the trip wasn't a total loss. I came out with the following:

- Recent Canali striped spread collar dress shirt

- Hermes tie

- Recent Talbott BOC tie in a colorful paisley pattern

- 2 Loro Piana pique cotton button-down shirts, one in pink and one in white. Both look barely worn.

- Cool late 60's olive green striped suit. Made in Japan. Has a very mod rocker look to it, and it was my size! It's hard to find cool vintage stuff that fits me.

Left the stuff at my office. Will get pics tomorrow.

Swan Song

Reaction score
and my first Kiton Jacket, a deep cranberry color with contrast window pane

this one is tagged Euro 51, and is indeed, too snug for my US 44R body.
plain.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh man nice find on the kiton -- I ask again -- WHEN WILL I EVER FIND A KITON?Q????Q?Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8