• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ACL POP-Up Flea Market

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mwilliamspr
Okay, I'll lift the ban, but be on your best behavior and no more of this PR Flack business.
Haha, fair enough.
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by zissou
lol

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
So Fok, we're meeting up with MW, right? Did you finally print my business card?

I haven't printed your business cards yet, but you'll have them in NYC. I would just reimburse you, but then you'd probably print "King" or something stupid on them, and I'd have to live with it. My way makes me have to carry the stupid things in my luggage, but "Official Styleforum bottom" will be on them, and things will be right with the world.

Yeah, we'll meet with MW if he is game. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say, especially since he works in a similar medium as we do, but where there are (as we've seen here) crucial differences in what makes them successful. Yeah, we could sit down with the rest of the hipster doofusses (doofi?) at Freeman's or something and shoot the ****. I'll even let you buy my lunch.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i met michael once, during fashion week at the spurr show, and he was really nice, and invited me to the paul + williams showroom. it was playing host to the folks at alexander west who were making bespoke shirts for as little as 60 bucks. i got free beer, a cheap yet high-quality made-to-measure oxford, and an up-close look at brands like red brick soul, alexander olch, and antonio azzuolo.

while my girlfriend and i were touring the factory floor we saw a bulletin board. on it was a license plate border that read "i spend it where i make it."

i think that was when i began to fully understand the point of ACL. plus, he's given my musician friends some great opportunities as well. so as far as i see it, michael is really supportive of not just menswear, but the american dream in general -- men and artisans supporting each other by encouraging one another to keep doing what it is they love -- whether through monetary support by buying their goods, or even just stopping by a store or blog and saying "hey, we like what you're doing. keep it up."

more good, less bad indeed.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Where you been? Freeman's has gone downhill. Just ain't the same place it was earlier this year.

I might need those cards sooner than later for some industry holiday parties over here.

Sure, sure, I'll get on it. You know I'm representing in the real Americana. Apparently, Idaho is the wildest state outside of Alaska. My Woolrich Woolen Mills gear actually gets worn hunting and out observing forest fires.

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Sure, sure, I'll get on it. You know I'm representing in the real Americana. Apparently, Idaho is the wildest state outside of Alaska. My Woolrich Woolen Mills gear actually gets worn hunting and out observing forest fires.

Montana? Wyoming? I'd like to know your reference!

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to point out that there's a distinction bw trashing one's creation and having a healthy discussion about whether it was a positive or negative event.

I apologize for getting personal, Michael. It's just...this idea about ACL having tons of haters? Really? The Internet fashion community loves ACL. Why would you interpret debate about the Flea as "hating?"

Anyway: please post better descriptions and more photos in your store.

Django

Reaction score
If you can't poke fun at a bunch of white, wealthy, 30-something men drinking crappy beer at a "flea market" in the middle of New York City what can you laugh at?

http://members.tripod.com/Freaky_Fre...ying_eagle.jpg
NEVER FORGET THE FLEA MARKET

On a tangent, I do like the camo and blaze orange waxed canvas bags he has for sale. Might pick one up as a pencil case.

negusnegas

Reaction score
I haven't been fully caught on the flea, but I just wanted to clarify that the Flea Market seemed like an enjoyable event. I was only commenting on a certain feeling that I couldn't shake while I was there. I just had questions and was wondering if anyone had similar ones. It seemed like a very succesful event and am all for handmade American goods and will do my part to support the Artisan who truly gives a damn. Just wondered if there is such a thing as earnest to a fault? Also, I would have the same feelings if I showed up in a room with nothing but the Rubinacci-philes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_L