1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ACL POP-Up Flea Market

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Nov 18, 2009.

1. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

respectfully, i think he needs to suck it up. as his blog becomes more successful, there will be a lot more people with worse (and less constructive) things to say. that's just the way it goes. seeking to debunk every contrary opinion will only make you appear petty and defensive.

just saying.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Agreed. Well thought out points, YA. I for one, however, am soooo tired of listening to someone try to debunk or defend why anyone would wear workwear/Americana. It's become a massive cliche' on both sides of the argument. We wear clothes because (hopefully) we like them. Aesthetic is subjective. Value is subjective. Style is subjective. That's all that ever needs to be said.

3. APK

APK Senior member

I can see where Williams is coming from. Criticism toward anything you've put any effort into isn't always easy to stomach. That's especially true when the criticism isn't something that could or should easily be changed to appease the critic.

That said, I would think that the popularity of his blog along with his line of work would have conditioned him to better respond to these criticisms. No one is saying he has to be immune. Few people are able to do that, regardless of their notoriety. But his whole vocation is about putting a positive spin on something. You'd figure that would include responses to criticisms.

There isn't fault in responding to your critics. I do think, though, it's a necessity to do so in a mature way. Not doing this doesn't just make the person look bad, it makes the brand seem unprofessional.

4. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

Regardless of his position I think that anybody who does ANYTHING at all, approach with the following...

Control what you can control (and MW has done that) and answer to yourself as a critic under the circumstance you did this for yourself. If he's happy with his effort, I think that's the most important thing. On that note, don't ignore the opinions of others but don't let it derail you or get you worked up. I think worrying about your own shit rather than others is ultimately the most important thing.

5. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You picked a helluva thread to spam-bump.

6. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Anyone drop by today?

7. alanjav

alanjav Senior member

8. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Anyone drop by today?

Went yesterday. Many expensive and beautiful clothes. I thought the booths of vintage and Schott jackets as far as the eye could see were highlights.
    Douchery seemed to be at a minimum, just lots of enthusiasts having a good time. \\
    Hopefully convinced Tanner Goods to introduce a new product to their line, the guys seemed interested.

I also very much want to own more Oliver Spencer.

9. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

can't believe i was busy during this, when is the next one?

Also what are those brass things that say dressed by the internet? and does she make it for you on the spot? o_O

10. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Indivualy I like most of those items, put them together in that setting and I want to start hacking off limbs.

12. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

Indivualy I like most of those items, put them together in that setting and I want to start hacking off limbs.

+1

That being said, I do hope the event continues for years on end. The items are great and the ppl behind them and the brands seem sincere.