• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5971.jpg

W&H Jeans. Ive been wanting a pair of grey slim/skinny jeans for a while now...worth 100?

stevenvg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
I would get the Katahdins.

...and I hate to add another variable to your decision, but Cabela's has Iron Rangers right now for $220 - not that much more than Katahdins.. Cabela's Iron Ranger

tink ill get the katahdins cause its cheaper and it has my size.. the iron rangers don't go below a size 8.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
? Thats because they are...
Well what I was trying to say is, they're just simple normal jeans in a cream/tan wash, no real need to ponder it too much, there isn't anything questionable, unusual or special about the jeans, for better or worse. If you like them, buy them, if not, don't.
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
thats because no real man should have a foot size below size 8....
I'm US 5, blow me
tongue.gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think it looks good on a skinny person styled well in that julius kinda way. I don't think they would look as good if worn out of context though. So i guess if you wear that kinda of style head to toe a bunch go for it, if not, it's probably going to look a bit off on you compared to it looking good in the lookbooks. I think that happens to a lot of people on the forum in regards to nice items and styling
Well, I am a size 1 in Julius and most of the stuff I wear regularly is not too far off from the aesthetic of those cargo's. I would likely pair them with some boots and a shirt from Lad, DBSS, or The Viridi Anne. And I already own the exact Julius bag shown in the picture-- so it's not like I'd be walking around sporting a Filson bag and EG shirt while wearing those pants.
smile.gif
I totally understand and appreciate your point, but often I find having a style that is close to Julius (but slightly different) will look better than wearing head-to-toe Julius. And if for some reason my pairings do not work, I'll keep buying more stuff until I find the right pairings. Often I find trying something a bit different is a good way of evolving my style further.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigfarva
isn't a 5, a kids size?
Hahahaha.... I feel sorry for Xeno. It must be very difficult to find anything that fits without resorting to wearing children's or women's clothing.. Didn't he say in another thread that he wore a size 24 jeans? I recall him being annoyed that his local shop did not carry size 1 in The Viridi Anne. Since I can fit into size 1 and wear size 29 jeans, I would imagine that even many Japanese brands are too big for him.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52