• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Well...you beat me to Asdrubal...

Me beating you is not surprising. You beating me at anything (even claiming players off waivers) is.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Me beating you is not surprising. You beating me at anything (even claiming players off waivers) is.

I consistently beat you at predicting football games- because of your unabashed homerism for the Seahawks.

They might actually be good this year- the Traitor-Walrus is gone.

sly.gif
But Hasselhof remains.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Problem is that he's got like 4 more pitchers going. (good ones) I think I have one. And I don't want to drop anyone for strategic reasons to thread right now. Even if it costs me the week. He just caught me in a sort of transitional week, and I'm paying the price. There is the chance that I'll make up the difference and win steals and BA, and we'll have a tie. That would be nice. But I'm not holding my breath. It would be two weeks in a row that I face the top team and tie.
just hope one or two of the pitchers does bad. Your era is close enough to his that if one has a terrible game, you might be able to win that. It is a big if though.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I consistently beat you at predicting football games- because of your unabashed homerism for the Seahawks.

Yeah, the one time we've actually bet on a game you won. Congrats.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buster
Due to Harden it's already 5-4 (at least after 1 inning).
It is so damn close right now. Holy crap. Edit: Looks like another tie. 5-5 Brilliant.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey Stevie, whats with you getting your ass handed to you by the last place team? I thought you were planning on contending this year? Your picking up Brian Bannister of waivers tells me all I need to know.
smile.gif
There's blood in the water.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buster
5-5 indeed. Broxton almost tilted it your way.
Nah, he would have had to walk something like six batters for your WHIP to move enough to where I would have won. I figured that if he walked the bases loaded, then walked in a run, he would have been taken out. All of the other categories were set.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Hey Stevie, whats with you getting your ass handed to you by the last place team?
I thought you were planning on contending this year?

Your picking up Brian Bannister of waivers tells me all I need to know.
smile.gif

There's blood in the water.

Half the season to go. I'm about where I was at the All Star Break last year. And finished first. You were 3rd and got lucky in the playoffs.

IIRC you DRAFTED Bannister last year. Look at his line for today bonehead.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Half the season to go. I'm about where I was at the All Star Break last year. And finished first. You were 3rd and got lucky in the playoffs.

IIRC you DRAFTED Bannister last year. Look at his line for today bonehead.

He was a disappointment last year and has been demoted to AAA since. Congrats on giving up two runs in six innings of work, and walking as many people as you strike out (2 each). Quite a start.
smile.gif

Serviceable, but not consistently so. Frankly the move reeks of desperation.

He has 37 earned runs in 14 games started so far this year. Just remember that. He's got a lot of unfavorable matchups ahead as well.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
He was a disappointment last year and has been demoted to AAA since. Congrats on giving up two runs in six innings of work, and walking as many people as you strike out (2 each). Quite a start.
smile.gif

Serviceable, but not consistently so. Frankly the move reeks of desperation.

He has 37 earned runs in 14 games started so far this year. Just remember that. He's got a lot of unfavorable matchups ahead as well.

WHIP was 1.17. Could have given me more Ks, but I was already way up, and am in fact 11-1 head to head.

I'll take the W. Maybe I'll keep him, maybe not.

Jason Marquis- now there's desperation.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Jason Marquis- now there's desperation.
You are hilarious. Oh, and please refer to him from now on as "All-Star pitcher, Jason Marquis". Thank you.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
You are hilarious.

Oh, and please refer to him from now on as "All-Star pitcher, Jason Marquis". Thank you.

AND I'll refer to him as notoriously inconsistent, pitches in Mile High, time bomb waiting to happen.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone want Cliff Lee?

I'll take him if you are giving him away.

Trade you Marquis.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members