• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esquire comes to Boston

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I think it would have been more accurate, and spared people a lot of wasted time, had they entitled the contest "Esquire's Search for the Best Dressed Male Wannabe Celebrity in America."

cuffthis

Reaction score
Manton - we welcome your comments on this suit: "Luke Simard of Cambridge looked dapper in this suit, hand-made in Thailand."
1116601139_6694.jpg

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, so, very, very stupid.

aybojs

Reaction score
What's more pathetic, that the tool below drove all the way from Virginia to show off his crappy outfit, or that he actually made the top 10 cut?
moron2su.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does the guy that won look a little off or is it just me?

petescolari

Reaction score
"Luke Simard of Cambridge looked dapper in this suit, hand-made in Thailand."

Do you think Luke got the date confused with the Pimps + Ho Ball?

I will keep my eye open for this one in my travels on the Red Line.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Luke Simard of Cambridge looked dapper in this suit, hand-made in Thailand."
1116601139_6694.jpg
Ahahahahahahaha. I bet he got beaten up in the parking lot after the show.
Does the guy that won look a little off or is it just me?
He's much better dressed than the winner of the previous heat, in my opinion. If you mean a little off in the head... yes. I really don't think it's possible to judge best-dressed based on one outfit - I would think 'best dressed' would encompass the ability to dress well for a variety of different occasions. Who knows, these guys might look like complete slobs the other 364 days of the year.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Who knows, these guys might look like complete slobs the other 364 days of the year.
Or our friend Luke might, well, look presentable?

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
The United Way guy was decent though the reporter really needs to learn how to spell the name of fashion designers correctly.

Panzer

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't like my handmade Thai suit? The white is an ode to the spring and summer; the pinstripes an ode to Savile Row. The jacket might be cut a little long, but my tailor kept telling me that's what's fashionable now.

I guess I should gain some weight, get some too-tight-in-the-waist jeans, and tuck in an argyle sweater.

How could that guy possibly have won? He looks like a freaking Banana Republic mannequin. Either choose someone well dressed, or choose someone creative. They chose neither.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or our friend Luke might, well, look presentable?
He looks to me like a short-sleeve shirt with tie kind of guy. A well-meaning but clueless female friend has rented him some gear and has entered him into the contest to boost his confidence.

After seeing him in the paper, his workmates will deliver a seemingly endless series of wedgies - and with good cause.

aybojs

Reaction score
How could that guy possibly have won? He looks like a freaking Banana Republic mannequin. Either choose someone well dressed, or choose someone creative. They chose neither.
I think you have to look at the people doing the judging. A guy who has the job of fashion editor at Esquire should be able to do better than a passe black blazer over a bland striped shirt unbuttoned to show an obscene amount of bare chest. Amateurs.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What? No popped collars?.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78