1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Esquire comes to Boston

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PeterMetro, May 24, 2005.

1. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior Member

As a Bostonian, I'm inclined to blush for my fair city, but with contestants from Virginia and New Jersey, perhaps the shame isn't ours alone. There's certainly plenty to go around.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Sorry, that guy from Atlanta at least showed a bit of flair, even though he was not really original. This dude from Cambridge looks like one of dozens of poorly (and unimaginatively, which is, imo, worse) dressed guys I see on the T all the time (c'mon, tweedblazer, shirt under a sweater all tucked into stonewashed, relaxed fit jeans, and probably wearing Eccos?) Not to mention that it looks like he could really afford to lose a couple of inches around the waist. Of course, the tucked in sweater generally does little to create a slimming effect.

Personally, I liked the guy who dressed up like an extra from Mad Max.

3. briancl

briancl Distinguished Member

The winner is wearing a charcoal and lavendar argyle sweater that I own... [​IMG] It's from Express, and when I bought it, the display had a mannequin wearing it with a lavender shirt underneath with the collar and top button undone. exactly how he is wearing it... how's that for originality?

4. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

I wish he would not bite his lip lower lip. Or is this a coping saw accident?

5. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior Member

Accidents with coping saws are an inevitable consequence of crossed eyes.

6. trogdor

trogdor Senior Member

baa hahaha. Thanks for posting this -- I needed a laugh. More importantly, the responses of SF members have, as ever, been moments of comic genius, especially the "seemingly endless series of wedgies". Somebody should send an e-mail to the fashion editor of Esquire with a link to this thread. "funky/urban edge". I ask you. [​IMG]

7. LA Guy

But then you would sacrifice that perfect waist/hip ratio that has women swooning. Would you really sacrifce that on the altar of sartorial excellence [​IMG]

8. LA Guy

He tucked the sweater into his jeans. That's gotta count for something. Maybe he is into Fred Astaire.

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Women swooning . . . convertible? Women swooning . . . convertible? I guess I'll take the women swooning.

10. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

Really makes you appreciate an Armani suit.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Where were the Boston SF members?

12. LA Guy

Are you kidding me? Makes me appreciate a Naldini suit.

13. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

C, I was there. I was the guy in the white pinstriped "handmade in Thailand" suit. (No, just kidding -- that was Policy).

14. petescolari

petescolari Senior Member

My cane and pimp chalice were being polished and I felt I wasn't 'presentable' without them.  I believe Rizzo didn't finish JN3's 8 button suit in time. LAGuy, were you practicing your overbite face again?

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

(briancl @ May 24 2005,09:58) The winner is wearing a charcoal and lavendar argyle sweater that I own... [​IMG] It's from Express, and when I bought it, the display had a mannequin wearing it with a lavender shirt underneath with the collar and top button undone. exactly how he is wearing it... how's that for originality?
    He tucked the sweater into his jeans. That's gotta count for something. Maybe he is into Fred Astaire.
    Or Ralph Lauren. Jon.