• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esquire comes to Boston

Etruscan

Reaction score
As a Bostonian, I'm inclined to blush for my fair city, but with contestants from Virginia and New Jersey, perhaps the shame isn't ours alone. There's certainly plenty to go around.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, that guy from Atlanta at least showed a bit of flair, even though he was not really original. This dude from Cambridge looks like one of dozens of poorly (and unimaginatively, which is, imo, worse) dressed guys I see on the T all the time (c'mon, tweedblazer, shirt under a sweater all tucked into stonewashed, relaxed fit jeans, and probably wearing Eccos?) Not to mention that it looks like he could really afford to lose a couple of inches around the waist. Of course, the tucked in sweater generally does little to create a slimming effect.

Personally, I liked the guy who dressed up like an extra from Mad Max.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The winner is wearing a charcoal and lavendar argyle sweater that I own...
1116601139_5597.jpg
It's from Express, and when I bought it, the display had a mannequin wearing it with a lavender shirt underneath with the collar and top button undone. exactly how he is wearing it... how's that for originality?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish he would not bite his lip lower lip. Or is this a coping saw accident?

Etruscan

Reaction score
Accidents with coping saws are an inevitable consequence of crossed eyes.

trogdor

Reaction score
baa hahaha. Thanks for posting this -- I needed a laugh. More importantly, the responses of SF members have, as ever, been moments of comic genius, especially the "seemingly endless series of wedgies". Somebody should send an e-mail to the fashion editor of Esquire with a link to this thread. "funky/urban edge". I ask you.
laugh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't like my handmade Thai suit? Â The white is an ode to the spring and summer; the pinstripes an ode to Savile Row. Â The jacket might be cut a little long, but my tailor kept telling me that's what's fashionable now. Â I guess I should gain some weight, get some too-tight-in-the-waist jeans, and tuck in an argyle sweater. Â How could that guy possibly have won? Â He looks like a freaking Banana Republic mannequin. Â Either choose someone well dressed, or choose someone creative. Â They chose neither.
But then you would sacrifice that perfect waist/hip ratio that has women swooning. Would you really sacrifce that on the altar of sartorial excellence
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The winner is wearing a charcoal and lavendar argyle sweater that I own...
1116601139_5597.jpg
It's from Express, and when I bought it, the display had a mannequin wearing it with a lavender shirt underneath with the collar and top button undone. Â exactly how he is wearing it... Â how's that for originality?
He tucked the sweater into his jeans. That's gotta count for something. Maybe he is into Fred Astaire.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women swooning . . . convertible? Women swooning . . . convertible? I guess I'll take the women swooning.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where were the Boston SF members?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C, I was there. I was the guy in the white pinstriped "handmade in Thailand" suit. (No, just kidding -- that was Policy).

petescolari

Reaction score
Where were the Boston SF members?

My cane and pimp chalice were being polished and I felt I wasn't 'presentable' without them.  I believe Rizzo didn't finish JN3's 8 button suit in time. LAGuy, were you practicing your overbite face again?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(briancl @ May 24 2005,09:58) The winner is wearing a charcoal and lavendar argyle sweater that I own...
1116601139_5597.jpg
It's from Express, and when I bought it, the display had a mannequin wearing it with a lavender shirt underneath with the collar and top button undone. exactly how he is wearing it... how's that for originality?
He tucked the sweater into his jeans. That's gotta count for something. Maybe he is into Fred Astaire.
Or Ralph Lauren. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads