• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
West24 IMO that look wouldve worked better with a cleaner, shorter silhouette on the trousers. i think break like that can look good with a looser overall silhouette, but with that cardigan/shirt combo usually i picture the grey trousers to be cuffed with no break, stopping exactly right above the shoe.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
West24 IMO that look wouldve worked better with a cleaner, shorter silhouette on the trousers. i think break like that can look good with a looser overall silhouette, but with that cardigan/shirt combo usually i picture the grey trousers to be cuffed with no break, stopping exactly right above the shoe.

youre right, i didnt have any clean dress pants, and i didnt think i was going to need to wear any today. and these are really long and i havent had time to take them to the tailor. so i rolled them up but if rolled up any higher it would have been really thick looking.(the roll) but yea when i take them to the tailor im going to get them shortend etc.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Did anyone else just notice that?

KB inserting the date into his post, thereby shattering tradition?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
KB inserting the date into his post, thereby shattering tradition?
3 KB posts in one night: one to make up for when he didn't post, one for today, and one to make up for when he won't post. Talk about clockwork dedication.

jkennett

Reaction score
jkennettinhowth.jpg

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.1.08 A discovery was made.

Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
August 2, 2008
Kiton sportscoat
NM pocket-square
Brioni shirt
Prada pant
NM belt
RLP socks
DE monkstraps
Creed Cologne
Flux Capacitor

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
080731.jpg
J Crew stuffs, Clark desert boots.

Hey, I think I'm gonna get some desert boots this weekend, do you mind telling me what size shoe you wear in those? I'm trying to figure out if the Clarks desert boots are the right ones for me.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing. someone new asked an easy to answer question and it was answered politely.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- My conclusion is to maybe only post in SW&D when wearing anything but professional FITs
- Omit my OCD detail but provide a link to my post in MC so as to satisfy those that are interested
- **** I love trying to understand how we (people) think..

I think you're caring a little bit too much. I'd say it's safe to assume that the vast majority of people who read the SW WAYNNT either like your posts or at the very least have no problem with them. I personally don't mind seeing the "professional" fits here, as I don't check the MC thread too often. The pics are always good and even though I don't think I'll be getting a Panerai myself anytime soon, watch pr0n is always hot.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
- So, I'm still trying to figure where the hate comes from?
1. my smile?
2. my style?
3. my OCD detail?
4. my photos?
- I only ask as my professional role is a "regional relationship executive" for a US consulting company where as my title describes, I have to excel in developing & building sustaining relationship(s) between my clients & my organisation whilst battling internal & external stake holder politics without losing thes message.. SO my audience ranges primarily board or C level down to middle management with the odd front "actual' workers or users. & to date my only detractors have always been that I look younger than my age & hence my position & that I make my position look to easy? But then I always respond with my favourite analogy:
"everything looks easy when watching a cooking show.. It's not until you try & do it your self you realise what is involved.. Preparation, timing & subject matter expertise."
- My conclusion is to maybe only post in SW&D when wearing anything but professional FITs
- Omit my OCD detail but provide a link to my post in MC so as to satisfy those that are interested
- **** I love trying to understand how we (people) think..

well, pg...since you really want to figure it out, i'll offer my opinion...

in what and how you are posting, you are communicating a hell of a lot...there's so much there...so much effort, time and money has been put in to the total package, that one, consciously or not, has to question the motivation...the way we answer the question is a major determining factor in where we stand in the phat guido hater-fan continuum...

a hater like cloudhands69, a pothead wannabe-hipster, probably looked at his monitor one day, and through a haze of smoke sees you with your gleaming smiles and watches...he instantaneously recognizes you as the enemy...the absolute embodiment of completely unabashed, unrestrained and utterly remorseless free-market global capitalism...

but, you have a lot of fans here on sf...i think that is because in this place, there are many that can relate to and respect your passion for collecting items of fine quality and taste...the fact that you go to pains to present them to us, only enriches their lives, and they are the happier for it...

and, as i question my own motivation for writing three paragraphs detailing the love-hate relationship styleforum for has with the phat guido, i shall leave you with the disclosure that i, personally, after looking at your posts, often find myself wondering if i am a pg-hater or pg-fan...i think i am both...and neither
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phat Guido you're not gonna be able to please everybody, i don't think it's so necessary to defend yourself so vehemently or even question a reason for any of the hate directed at you...it's the internet, anyone who logs on to this site with access to a keyboard and ten fingers can type whatever the hell they want. Some times there is no logic or reason to a particular post, maybe they were just in the mood for throwing something out there to bait you

just my 2 cents.

basis

Reaction score
- So, I'm still trying to figure where the hate comes from? 1. my smile? 2. my style? 3. my OCD detail? 4. my photos? - I only ask as my professional role is a "regional relationship executive" for a US consulting company where as my title describes, I have to excel in developing & building sustaining relationship(s) between my clients & my organisation whilst battling internal & external stake holder politics without losing thes message.. SO my audience ranges primarily board or C level down to middle management with the odd front "actual' workers or users. & to date my only detractors have always been that I look younger than my age & hence my position & that I make my position look to easy? But then I always respond with my favourite analogy: "everything looks easy when watching a cooking show.. It's not until you try & do it your self you realise what is involved.. Preparation, timing & subject matter expertise." - My conclusion is to maybe only post in SW&D when wearing anything but professional FITs - Omit my OCD detail but provide a link to my post in MC so as to satisfy those that are interested - **** I love trying to understand how we (people) think...
I think your posts both here and in MC are very widely admired and appreciated. There's just a vocal minority who feel the opposite. Perhaps the best way to handle it would be to only post what you're visibly (so no wallet/scent/etc.) wearing / carrying (and then maybe throw in the car description when it's in the pictures). Just my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_L