• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost in va

Reaction score
I've checked tobi and UO every day since those KC's were posted rye.

Put a boot in someones ass, I want these things asap.

Lawl.

Reaction score
I dont get all this nonsense about PG.

Why dont you just scroll down slightly farther?
Problem solved!

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
Ran to MUJI to grab some press kit materials
SF-8-2-08-001-Edit.jpg
Tee: FloC Jeans: Crate Jackson

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no problem with the phat man other than the listing of things that aren't pictured. i wanna see them *****.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
PG, I don't mind all the detail at all...the space bar works for me when I don't want to read through the details. I will say though, that I really like the full-body shots because it shows how everything comes together. (no ****)
- noted & thank you
- lately I have not had the opportunity to do the full shots due to time & location

Originally Posted by davo10375
Phat Guido that Brown with blue specks Gallo tie a few pages back was spectacular. The shoes are also ridiculous.

I don't see why people even complain about you listing stuff. As brutus said if you dont want to see it (I do) then just space bar down. Too post stuff like "you really love yourself" is pretty stupid... If it really bothers you that much ignore it or as suggest space-bar down. I do have one complaint tho PG.... Full body pictures! I want to see the fit on those helmut lang jeans and how ya work in white denim for example.

- thank you & noted
- here are some full shots of teh jeans form a few weeks ago
In NYC (March 08 when I had a buzz cut)
L1020535.jpg
L1020468.jpg
L1020507.jpg

L1020479W.jpg

wide-shot.jpg

WL1010859.jpg

Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
I think you're caring a little bit too much. I'd say it's safe to assume that the vast majority of people who read the SW WAYNNT either like your posts or at the very least have no problem with them. I personally don't mind seeing the "professional" fits here, as I don't check the MC thread too often. The pics are always good and even though I don't think I'll be getting a Panerai myself anytime soon, watch pr0n is always hot.
- noted & thank you

Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
well, pg...since you really want to figure it out, i'll offer my opinion...

in what and how you are posting, you are communicating a hell of a lot...there's so much there...so much effort, time and money has been put in to the total package, that one, consciously or not, has to question the motivation...the way we answer the question is a major determining factor in where we stand in the phat guido hater-fan continuum...

a hater like cloudhands69, a pothead wannabe-hipster, probably looked at his monitor one day, and through a haze of smoke sees you with your gleaming smiles and watches...he instantaneously recognizes you as the enemy...the absolute embodiment of completely unabashed, unrestrained and utterly remorseless free-market global capitalism...

but, you have a lot of fans here on sf...i think that is because in this place, there are many that can relate to and respect your passion for collecting items of fine quality and taste...the fact that you go to pains to present them to us, only enriches their lives, and they are the happier for it...

and, as i question my own motivation for writing three paragraphs detailing the love-hate relationship styleforum for has with the phat guido, i shall leave you with the disclosure that i, personally, after looking at your posts, often find myself wondering if i am a pg-hater or pg-fan...i think i am both...and neither
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

- thank you for the considered response & noted, there are some very valid points

Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Phat Guido you're not gonna be able to please everybody, i don't think it's so necessary to defend yourself so vehemently or even question a reason for any of the hate directed at you...it's the internet, anyone who logs on to this site with access to a keyboard and ten fingers can type whatever the hell they want. Some times there is no logic or reason to a particular post, maybe they were just in the mood for throwing something out there to bait you

just my 2 cents.

- thank you & agreed

Originally Posted by basis
I think your posts both here and in MC are very widely admired and appreciated. There's just a vocal minority who feel the opposite. Perhaps the best way to handle it would be to only post what you're visibly (so no wallet/scent/etc.) wearing / carrying (and then maybe throw in the car description when it's in the pictures).

Just my $0.02.

- Thank you, noted & agree about the non-visible items.. It's just my systematic process..

Originally Posted by mulansauce
In other words, you can't please everybody.
- agreed, but it's my nature to profile people's behaviour..

Originally Posted by LooseChange
You can only please yourself... FAP
- I do, thanks!

Originally Posted by Rye GB
iTunes Playing: The Black Swan by Bert Jansch from the record The Black Swan
aa x KC x Nike

- the back drop is what really make this

Originally Posted by JoelF
Hey man that sounds pretty close to what you are doing here on SF too!
laugh.gif

Seriously though, you're successful in both places because you know exactly what you are up to, and that is very cool. But I have the feeling dealing on SF is just another kind of challenge for you, and that's why you are so into it.

- you are right in so many levels

Originally Posted by Lawl.
I dont get all this nonsense about PG.

Why dont you just scroll down slightly farther?
Problem solved!

- agreed
- I actually change the format for SW&D from the MC thread ie. pictures first for SW&D..

All thank you for your considered response, I will go back & double my medication!

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- thank you for the considered response & noted, there are some very valid points

no problem, pg...and, you should know that i was only playing when i said that i wonder if i am more a pg hater or fan...i got no hate for the phattest of all guidos...rock on

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pg the best thing about your photos is how happy you are. are you really that happy!?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
motherfuckers need to smile in pictures

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Going to see Casablanca at the Brattle Theatre, then get drinks at the 30th anniversary of the restaurant/bar "Casablanca" next door in the same building. Should be awesome. I've never seen Casablanca, since I refuse to watch it on video, so I'm pretty psyched.

Oh, and there's one teeny difference in my look today. See if you can catch it
smile.gif

IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg

Aquascutum
Jantzen
Loake

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeez you done gone respectable on us.

+1 on a huge improvement. Seriously, there's a lot to be said for looking like a regular guy. I remember the day I finally cut my hair...it was all the way down my back and I resembled Alice In Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell. Nobody took me seriously for some reason.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Confucius

Reaction score
PG, apologies if you've already addressed this, but it appears as though you have a nice home. For something different, how about some inside shots or pics from your backyard?

(p.s. shame about the Wallabies!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPX99