Zuckerberg's Hoodie and what your clothing says about what you think of those around you

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, May 9, 2012.

1. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Showing up to a Wall Street pre-IPO meeting in a rumpled Jos. A Bank suit that doesn't really fit (a la Buffett) is understated and not flaunting you wealth. Showing up in a hooded sweatshirt that says "fuck you, I can behave however I want, I'm Mark Zuckerburg" is the exact opposite.

2. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

3. TimelesStyle

Last edited: May 24, 2012

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

There's an old interview with Buffet where he mentions that he wore Oxxford, but OTR.

This was after his affair with Katherine Graham, but still when he had two concurrent wives ( de jure and de facto.)

Compared to such a pillar, Zuckerberg seems pretty boring with his one new college sweetheart née wife.

5. rm007

rm007 Member

that 's exaactly what he did -behaved like himself and dressed like himself, always the non-conformist.

6. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

And we can tell he is a non-conformist because he dresses like all the other non-conformists?

7. TimelesStyle

But, stylistically speaking, there are different "myselfs". Which one presents itself depends on what I deem appropriate. If I want others in a casual environment to feel comfortable around me I'll wear jeans. If I'm going to something important I'll don a suit. If I want to say a slight "fuck you" to folks I consider needlessly uptight I'll wear jeans and a sport coat when everyone else is in a suit.

8. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Exactly, this and the fact he's probably more comfortable in a hoodie. Not every business has to appear professional, my mum was disgusted when I bought some glasses from a company called "Specky Four Eyes" but if its cheap and their customer service is good who cares?