• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Suits - More Affordable Than You Think

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think this requires any moderation. You guys already did a pretty good job...

I visited a specialty store on LI earlier this month that really swore by Coppley, and they're supposed to do a very quick turnaround on MTM.

But they aren't Zegna, and to represent them as such is dishonest, and to post in this Forum rather than buying and selling is shilling, plain and simple.

We frown on all the above, plain and simple.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve B.
I visited a specialty store on LI earlier this month that really swore by Coppley, and they're supposed to do a very quick turnaround on MTM.
I was told the same thing. I think the turnaround they quoted me was something like 7-10 days. I am actually considering trying one of their suits.
Was the store you visited Thomas Miller or Marsh's by chance?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ExecStyle
I encourage any member of this site, especially those who esteem themselves as experts, to research Coppley as a manufacturer and as a definer of tastes. Though possibly less well known in the US than in Canada, their products are of the highest quality, with careful attention to tailoring and shaping. Moreover, few truly fine tailors are as continually innovative in style as Coppley, which fuses the best aspects of contemporary fashion with traditional style elements to create its distinctive look. Coppley also manufactures the popular Keithmoor line, as well as Mateo Maas, Cambridge and Warren K. Cook. I encourage anyone to experience the quality of these brands.

I'm quite suprised at the comments which my post has received. However, I will assume that the critique comes from a brash minority who take it upon themselves to disparage relentlessly anything that does not fit into their closed vision of style. The www.execstyle.com quality, value and service remain for those who are willing to give it a try.

Cheers.

www.execstyle.com

Funny, the bespoke tailor at Harry Rosen explicitly told me NOT to order from Coppely (for pants) at their trunk show because the cut is very "regular" and he knows me better. I was initially tempted because I needed to place a large order of pants and the prices were quite cheap. His advice? Wait for the Samuelsohn trunk show and get the exact cut I want, which he didn't think Coppely would be able to deliver on with their MTM program.

And people aren't bashing Coppely... They're bashing you for posting an ad in the main forum instead of the buying and selling forum, as well as misrepresenting your wares in various ways, including calling it the best stuff produced in NA ;p

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Was the store you visited Thomas Miller or Marsh's by chance?
Nope- missed getting to either of those places.

One of THOSE days...

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Nope- missed getting to either of those places.

One of THOSE days...

Well if you do let me know. That is my neck of the woods. I can be at Marsh's in 5 minutes.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Well if you do let me know. That is my neck of the woods. I can be at Marsh's in 5 minutes.
I shall. Should be out there in the next month or so. What do you think of Marsh's now that Mitchell's/Richards has bought them out?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
their XXX stuff seemed to be really nice
True. I should have been more specific. Actually, this navy 3b Zegna Napoli Couture jacket I saw in Harvey Nick's was one of the more beautiful pieces I've ever seen.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shall. Should be out there in the next month or so. What do you think of Marsh's now that Mitchell's/Richards has bought them out?

I haven't seen much of a difference yet. They are in the middle of remodeling the store now and I think that once they finish they will expand and adjust the assortment Marsh's carries. It will be interesting to see how much like Mitchell's/Richard's, Marsh's will become. Personally, I hope they go more in that direction as I think it will improve on the offerings they already have.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mitchell's/Richards bought out Marsh's!? I didn't know that. Are they going bring Marsh's up to the level of M/R? I always consider Marsh's as one or two notches below M/R. Are Marsh's going to carry Edward Green?

Steve, have you checked out Tyrone?

ExecStyle

Reaction score
I accept your criticism for posting the ad in the wrong forum. I apologize and will not post any other advertisements in this section.

However, I do not accept the claims that Execstyle is a dishonest seller. Zegna is renowned both for the quality of their fabrics and their manufacturing. Many people search out suits tailored in Zegna cloth, because of its incredible quality and tactile appeal. I stated explicitly in my post that the suits were "exclusive cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna". This name is a mark of quality fabric, and one of the defining products that Zegna offers. It would be one thing if it was a poorly tailored suit, but because Coppley is such an outstanding producer, I will not accept claims that I was dishonest.

Execstyle does not intentionally mislead clients. We do not sell overpriced suits, or poor quality suits. If you take a look at our site, you'll see that we provide tons of information about our suits and our brands, more than most online retailers. Moreover we encourage visitors to use our free hotline for any questions they might have, either about an order or about style advice.

I sincerely encourage you to see the value that our site, and our Exclusive Cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna suits, provide. We provide a great service, and our clients constantly attest to that.

Cheers

www.execstyle.com

BrooklynMike

Reaction score
I notice on the Shop by Brand section on the left, there is a Zegna button, which implies that one would be led to Zegna suits.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabric is one thing, but can your people sew? Do they use fusing? Is it all made on a machine, by computer?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And the title of this thread is "Zegna Suits - More Affordable Than You Think." These are not Zegna suits. They are Coppley suits. Not that there's anything wrong with Coppley suits, but you are misleading people. IMHO, of course.
sly.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Fabric is one thing, but can your people sew? Do they use fusing? Is it all made on a machine, by computer?
I think the Coppley suits he's selling are fully canvased

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I think the Coppley suits he's selling are fully canvased

So if that is the case, wouldn't his price be pretty decent? Zegna won't let a suit go for less that US$1800 these days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads