Zegna Suits - More Affordable Than You Think

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ExecStyle, Apr 23, 2006.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

What's great is that he thinks that people around here lust over the likes of Zegna...
    their XXX stuff seemed to be really nice

2. drake

drake Senior member

http://imdb.com/title/tt0091042/

Turn on TBS sometime, this thing must get played once every four days or something [​IMG]

I know of the movie, but it's really old. Is their a reason referencing it has suddenly become popular?

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

It hasn't "suddenly" become popular to reference it. It has been popular for quite some time to do so. For example, nearly any teacher I've ever had who had any type of a sense of humor or wasn't stuck in an Ivory Tower would do that when calling roll and somebody wasn't answering.

John

4. jerms24k

jerms24k Senior member

ah yes, i much prefer the direction this thread is heading.

5. ExecStyle

ExecStyle Member

Price is not the selling point at ExecStyle, but value should always be taken into consideration. Coppley suits with exclusive cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna are as fine as you will find for under $1000. Coppley is considered by many to be the premier suit manufacturer in North America, both for the quality of its tailoring and the distinctiveness and taste of its styling. Coppley suits are tailored in the most exclusive fabrics, from the finest mills including Scabal, Loro Piana, and Zegna. Check out their website:
    http://www.coppley.com/

If you are looking for a more value priced suit, try this Manzoni suit:
    (manzoni is a house brand, manufactured by a very reputable name)

[​IMG]

Tailored in Zelander Fabric by Loro Piana. $535.00. Order one, and return it if you don't think its an incredible quality suit for the price.

Cheers

www.execstyle.com

6. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Well, obviously, this guy is shameless and clearly misses the point. Touting suits made of Zegna fabric as Zegna suits is dishonest. Claiming Coppley suits to be "the premier suit manufacturer in North America, both for the quality of its tailoring and the distinctiveness and taste of its styling" is just silly. Hello, Oxxford, Samuelsohn, Hickey-Freeman, etc. are all better!

I would certainly vote for banning Execstyle. At a minimum, the post ought be moved to the sales forum, unless it is being retained here for the sheer amusement value.

7. ExecStyle

ExecStyle Member

RJMan is correct, you should never buy a suit if price is the selling point. However, value should always be taken in to account. Coppley suits with exclusive cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna are as fine a suit as you will find for under $1000. Coppley is one of the premier suit manufacturers in North America, known for their quality of tailoring and their distinctiveness and taste. Coppley suits are made with the finest fabrics from the most renowned mills, including Scabal, Loro Piana and Zegna. These exclusive mills provide their fabrics to only the highest quality manufacturers, and Coppley is the only manufacturer in Canada with the rights to produce suits using Zegna fabrics. Read more about Coppley at their website:
    www.coppley.com

If the price seems high, check out our selection of Manzoni suits. (Manzoni is a house brand manufactured by a very reputable name).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This suit is tailored in Zelander fabric by Loro Piana. $535. Order a Manzoni suit and if you are not amazed by the quality, send it back. A premier value.

Cheers

www.execstyle.com

8. ExecStyle

ExecStyle Member

Sorry about the double post. My browser led me to believe the post had been lost.

9. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Well, as far as made in America, you can find Oxxford for under $1000, regularly.

10. Mute

Mute Senior member

These exclusive mills provide their fabrics to only the highest quality manufacturers, and Coppley is the only manufacturer in Canada with the rights to produce suits using Zegna fabrics. Read more about Coppley at their website:
    www.coppley.com

Do you have any proof to backup this statement?

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Well, obviously, this guy is shameless and clearly misses the point. Touting suits made of Zegna fabric as Zegna suits is dishonest. Claiming Coppley suits to be "the premier suit manufacturer in North America, both for the quality of its tailoring and the distinctiveness and taste of its styling" is just silly. Hello, Oxxford, Samuelsohn, Hickey-Freeman, etc. are all better!

I would certainly vote for banning Execstyle. At a minimum, the post ought be moved to the sales forum, unless it is being retained here for the sheer amusement value.

Yup, Oxxford, Samuelsohn, Hickey-Freeman, Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece are all North American

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

RJMan is correct, you should never buy a suit if price is the selling point. However, value should always be taken in to account. Coppley suits with exclusive cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna are as fine a suit as you will find for under $1000. Coppley is one of the premier suit manufacturers in North America, known for their quality of tailoring and their distinctiveness and taste. Coppley suits are made with the finest fabrics from the most renowned mills, including Scabal, Loro Piana and Zegna. These exclusive mills provide their fabrics to only the highest quality manufacturers, and Coppley is the only manufacturer in Canada with the rights to produce suits using Zegna fabrics. Read more about Coppley at their website: www.coppley.com If the price seems high, check out our selection of Manzoni suits. (Manzoni is a house brand manufactured by a very reputable name). This suit is tailored in Zelander fabric by Loro Piana. $535. Order a Manzoni suit and if you are not amazed by the quality, send it back. A premier value. Cheers www.execstyle.com
    Considering the fact that the most expensive suit I own I have bought for 500.00 and it was made by St. Andrews, why should chance that? I can buy a NEW Corneliani for less than that at STP. Can you offer any evidence behind your claims about the quality? I am really curious to know. Edit: I missed the whole "premier North American suit" statement. I agree with zjpj83 about it; apparently at half the cost it is better than Oxxford's suits?!? Are you serious? Reminds me of all these McDojo that pop up clamining they were trained by some little old man in Japan in a secret ninjutsu art so secret that no other Japanese know about it and that has eluded common knowledge in 400 years until some gaijin went there and convinced the last remaining soke to make him "Grandmaster". Pah!

14. johnpemberton

johnpemberton Senior member

I'm getting sick of this type of advertising deception...a fucking scam if you ask me and the seller certainly knows it.

On this guy's website if you click on "Zegna" under "Shop by Brand" you get an array of what he is obviously holding out to be Ermenegildo Zegna. When you read more about the suits it says they are made by "Coppley" in "exclusive" cloth by Ermenegildo Zegna. A lot of unscrupulous and unethical sellers try to pass off suits that are cheaply made as high-end Zegnas based on the fact that the suit is made with fabric from Zegna's mill. I'm sure these prices are based on this deception rather than the quality level of "Coppley" suits. One more seller I'll never buy from.

You are correct here - Ermenegildo Zegna is an extrememly expensive brand and they are very hard to come by. Cloth by Zegna does not mean they are well tailored!

15. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Isn't Armani now doing sofa covers?