• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ZFACTORIE 3.0 UPDATES

We are pleased to announce that the old webshop is officially closed at Zfactorie 3.0 is the sole online shop here in the US for our Products.
The Spring Season is officially here at while we are off to a slightly late start, we will be releasing a large assortment of Spring items in the Next couple of weeks. A small assortment of SPRING 2018 is already on the webshop, but we will be doing a large drop of items starting later this week.
There will be blazers, Coats, Cardigans, and some accessories coming this week from both the ART COP and Review/ N/ Revise/ M / collection.
As the weather gets warmer, you can look for lighter weight T-shirts, Shorts, Tanks etc as we will be releasing the items according to Capsule Categories and according to the weather. Heavier items are coming first and lighter, more summery items will come later.
We will make an announcement later this week as soon as the items are launched on the webshop.

ORDERS FROM THE OLD WEBSHOP

We are still processing and shipping the last remaining orders fro the old web shop. the final set of orders will be out this week to the customers to close off that phase of things. if you need a status update on your order, since the site is not accessible, please email Dashon at: [email protected]. He will update you on your order status. We know that some if these orders are running beyond standard shipping time, but everyone will have their orders this week. the closing of the store brought in an influx of orders and we are taking our time to do it all properly so we ask your patience as we get your your products to you. If you need information please check with him and he will update you accordingly

CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS ON THE NEW STORE

We tried as best as we could to transfer all Customer accounts from the old Webshop to the New. Most of the accounts carried over, but there were a few that did not, we ask you kindly to please login to the New shop and check the status of your account. if you cannot login, please make a new one on the New store.
All New accounts signup will receive 15% off on the first order

For this week we will be offering 20% off on All items in the final sale section. Final sale is made up of the FW17/18 items remaining, we did not carry over any of the items from older seasons. those will return to our Archives here at Zfactorie.
More updates coming Later this week with the release of new items.

For inquiries please email: [email protected]

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Specific to the Styleforum community for the Spring 2018 Season, we have created a 20% off Code: Styleforum20
this code will be active for all Spring 2018 items as long as the item is not marked at 50% off.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zamb, I own a minimalist linen DNA(2012) trousers that has stretched out a bit along the waistband. The upper block of the pants now feels a tad loose as compared to when I got them. Would it be ok if I got them soaked in hot water and later tumble dried in a dryer? The stretch isn't that much but a slightly snugger fit will do it for me. I do not want to hand these to a tailor to take-in and make alterations as it fits perfectly at every other part. Thanks. Let me know.

Also, if any of you guys own this pants, feel free to drop a comment if there was an overall shrinkage post wash.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Zamb, I own a minimalist linen DNA(2012) trousers that has stretched out a bit along the waistband. The upper block of the pants now feels a tad loose as compared to when I got them. Would it be ok if I got them soaked in hot water and later tumble dried in a dryer? The stretch isn't that much but a slightly snugger fit will do it for me. I do not want to hand these to a tailor to take-in and make alterations as it fits perfectly at every other part. Thanks. Let me know.

Also, if any of you guys own this pants, feel free to drop a comment if there was an overall shrinkage post wash.

apologies for the delay n replying to you, I have been busy with production as we are significantly behind schedule, and shipping the last set of orders from the old site along with taking care of the new

Specific to your inquiry, I do not remember the specific pants you have, it would be good for you to post a pic of it or send me a link to refresh my memory.
If you are in the US, the best course of action is have us adjust the waist of the pants for you. but that we can decide on after you send to me.
Is it the very soft linen version with the partial lining and no loops?
We made so many variants of this pants that over the years that its best to send me a link

Last edited:

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a problem Zam. It is the soft linen variant that has partial lining and loops. I still think this is the best linen DNA minimalist pants in recent years. I don't have a fit pic at this moment. Here is a close-up.
IMG20180412050039.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not a problem Zam. It is the soft linen variant that has partial lining and loops. I still think this is the best linen DNA minimalist pants in recent years. I don't have a fit pic at this moment. Here is a close-up.
View attachment 956334

Yes that pants was incredible, we made a lot of those, there was one variant in the same fabric that had no belt loops, so its the same pants, sans the loops.
If you are in US, I think the best option is to send them in to be adjusted by us.

We have done a lot of DNA's my favorites were the vintage British Cotton Version........Some people like the Wool ones as they are more Elegant/ dressy than the linen/ cotton ones.

Actually we are returning to that specific pattern this season.
there are three variants to be released in the upcoming days

1. Cotton overdyed black - (non stretch)
2. Wool/ poly - black (stretch )
3. Wool/ Poly - Combat green (stretch)

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No cotton/poly DNA's? I like something I can throw in the washer easily.

Anyway, I gotta say, the razor coat and the lapelless long blazer are really well made pieces. I really like them both. The silhouette is slim enough without the sleeves, armholes and shoulders feeling too tight. The razor coat is the best fitting (artisinal/avant-garde?) coat I have so far. Granted I have only 2 other coats from other designers, comparing the razor to the other 2, the cut and fit are on point throughout so the proportions feel balanced. This reminds me of the comfortable fit that I get when wearing tailored CM clothing.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No cotton/poly DNA's? I like something I can throw in the washer easily.

Anyway, I gotta say, the razor coat and the lapelless long blazer are really well made pieces. I really like them both. The silhouette is slim enough without the sleeves, armholes and shoulders feeling too tight. The razor coat is the best fitting (artisanal/avant-garde?) coat I have so far. Granted I have only 2 other coats from other designers, comparing the razor to the other 2, the cut and fit are on point throughout so the proportions feel balanced. This reminds me of the comfortable fit that I get when wearing tailored CM clothing.
I have been meaning to check in on you, but I have just been very busy and not been able to communicate as I would like.
I am glad you are happy with both items.
we are very much behind on our SS18 production schedule and i have been working till like 10 -11pm at night in order to get some if the items completed.
We will be releasing a large batch of items this weekend, and another early next week.

I think the wool/ poly we are using might be washable.......well, I washed the fabric before we cut pants from it so i think it should be OK

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ZFACTORIE 3.0 UPDATES + Spring clearance

Hello friends,
We know you are awaiting the release of more items from our Spring 2018 season. well it is worth the wait. A second drop of items will be coming this Sunday April 15th. A large assortment of Tops, pants, Cardigans and some outerwear.

here is a slight rundown of some items coming this Sunday

Pants -
  1. M1 pants - Grey Stretch / Boiled Cotton - Black/ Boiled Cotton Grey
  2. Classic DNA Pants - Overdyed Cotton Black / Wool and Poly Stretch Black / Wool and Poly Stretch Grey
  3. Tri Continental Soft J Pants - Grey linen / Black Linen
  4. Ridge Seam DNA Jeans - Black Stretch / Grey Stretch
  5. Ridge Seam Minimalist Slim Jeans - Black stretch

Tops -
  1. Double pocket Piped Faulted shoulder shirt - green plaid
  2. Double Pocket Piped Faulted shirt - maroon plaid
  3. Double Pocket Piped Faulted shoulder shirt - Vintage Linen
  4. Silk Stretch Insert "Cock" shirt - Overdyed Grey
  5. Silk Stretch Insert "Cock" shirt - Overdyed Black
  6. Woven Long Sleeve 3DT - Black
  7. Woven Long Sleeve 3DT - Grey
  8. Cotton/ Silk/ Metal Suspended Pocket Bondage Vest - Black
  9. Leather/ Silk/ Metal Suspended Bondage Vest - Black

We are making way for new goods for Spring - As of today until Sunday, all final sale items are additional 50% off with code: SPRINGCLEAR50. Lots of great items still in the final sale and we are making way for Spring items

CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS ON THE NEW STORE

We tried as best as we could to transfer all Customer accounts from the old Webshop to the New. Most of the accounts carried over, but there were a few that did not, we ask you kindly to please login to the New shop and check the status of your account. if you cannot login, please make a new one on the New store.
All New accounts signup will receive 15% off on the first order

For inquiries please email: [email protected]

Double pocket Piped Faulted shoulder shirt - green plaid
(Coming Sunday)

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...If you are in US, I think the best option is to send them in to be adjusted by us.

Ok. I am not in US but over in Asia. Sending them over and getting them shipped back would cost a bomb given the weight of these. What do you think of getting them washed/soaked in hot water and machine dried? I have another pair in some vintage heavyweight linen pants which shrunk alittle when I handwashed in cold water. Let me know what you think.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok. I am not in US but over in Asia. Sending them over and getting them shipped back would cost a bomb given the weight of these. What do you think of getting them washed/soaked in hot water and machine dried? I have another pair in some vintage heavyweight linen pants which shrunk little when I hand washed in cold water. Let me know what you think.
you can go that route, in the process of making those pants the fabric was washed multiple times so i dont think one more washing will affect the structure of it.
Yes try it and see how it goes

bless
ZB

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Zam, got any tentative dates for those popup shops this year?
the pop up in NYC will not happen,
With our new space and backyard, we are working to have events at Zfactorie through most of the summer.
the Pop up in Toronto will be next month, for several weeks. we are working with a friend who has a salon, to have pop ups from Sunday to Tuesday in his space for about a month

As it pertains to LA, we are still working out the deets. but earliest June....

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Zfactorie 3.0
New Arrivals to Zfactorie, tops, pants etc.......

Blackened Cock shirt.

Piped Faulted Shoulder Shirt - Single Plaid

Suspended pocket Cotton Vest - Black (Front)

Suspended pocket Cotton Vest - Black (Back)

Suspended Pocket Leather Bondage vest - Blistered Lamb

Minimalist Slim Pants - Cotton Seersucker

M-1 / Grey Stretch

nAVEEE

Reaction score
I don't post often, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the problems I've had with buying from Zam. It took almost three months of emailing to get my refund during the free shipping promotion. I received two emails saying he would refund it "tomorrow" or "by the end of business day", which did not happen.

I've also been trying to a return a pair of pants since mid January due to construction issues. I shipped the pants back to him at their request a week ago and didn't hear back until today after I emailed him several more times. I have several friends who have gone through similar issues.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads