• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Top 5: TV Shows That Have Gone On Too Long

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
As much as I hate to agree with this, It's sadly true. The first ten seasons of the show alone qualifies it to be considered as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, show in television history. It's soul crushing how painfully unfunny and banal it's become.

My thoughts exactly. The series' decline in quality has rendered every recent episode nigh unwatchable.

Here's hoping Futurama won't meet the same fate.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Survivor's getting a little long in the tooth....this season is cuh-rayzee boring.
-Entourage
-It saddens me to say it, but The League...they should have stopped after season 1 and left it the perfect jewel that it was. I still love Always Sunny.
-Any show that has 1,000 spinoffs....CSI, Law & Order...I don't watch them, but they need to go away.
-The Real World
-Two and Half Men...when the kid hit puberty. I only watch reruns.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gilmore Girls. Man, I really liked Lauren Graham but after she slept with and then married her old flame (who is also her baby-daddy), I wanted nothing more than to see the two of them run over by a dump truck. Also, around that time the snappy banter vanished from the entire set. I refuse to buy those last seasons on DVD, as well - incomplete sets be damned.

Oh - Boston Legal's last season was too long (only half the year, even!). Eviscerate the cast of any legitimately funny or interesting people IF YOU MUST, but for God's sake - get Alan and Denny in the sack already and call it a series. Those first couple of seasons were golden, though.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
You actually watched that show to find out who Ted marries? No wonder you're disappointed. Ted's the worst character on the show, and I could care less what happens to him. Barney, Marshall, Lily, and Robin are far more entertaining.

You gotta be kidding me. There hasn't been a single episode yet in which Lily was interesting or entertaining in any way whatsoever.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
-It saddens me to say it, but The League...they should have stopped after season 1 and left it the perfect jewel that it was.

I'm split on that one. Some of the episodes I've seen so far have been boring, but some have been really good. I didn't see last night's, but last week's was hilarious.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
American Idol, no one gives a ****.

Glee- they're running out of good songs to cover, and the show is stupid and I am tired of it being as big of a pop-culture sensation as it is.

Is TRL still on the MTV ? I remember watching it, thinking to myself poor poor carson daly... speaking of which his show needs to be cancelled, its terrible. I'd rather watch infomercials than him talk to semi interesting celebrities. I remember watching his interview of Chuck Klosterman was almost painful, you could see how stupid Klosterman thought the guy was.

Top Gear

just kidding.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I'm split on that one. Some of the episodes I've seen so far have been boring, but some have been really good. I didn't see last night's, but last week's was hilarious.

They should not have gotten rid of El Cunado. I still watch...but it's not as quality as the 1st season.

Originally Posted by robbie
American Idol, no one gives a ****.

That show should never have existed.

Glee- they're running out of good songs to cover, and the show is stupid and I am tired of it being as big of a pop-culture sensation as it is.
Starting to agree with you here. They should do a spinoff where Sue and Britney just comment on stuff...that's really the only reason to watch anymore.

Is TRL still on the MTV ? I remember watching it, thinking to myself poor poor carson daly... speaking of which his show needs to be cancelled, its terrible. I'd rather watch infomercials than him talk to semi interesting celebrities. I remember watching his interview of Chuck Klosterman was almost painful, you could see how stupid Klosterman thought the guy was.
TRL ended several years ago.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You gotta be kidding me. There hasn't been a single episode yet in which Lily was interesting or entertaining in any way whatsoever.

Her bewbage was certainly entertaining while she was preggers.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everybody Loves Raymond - I sure as **** don't. Awful show.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
done now, but Lost just got stupid after awhile agree with all the reality shows except Amazing Race, which I can watch forever all those shows about massively boring celebrities' lives. except rev. Run, he's cool heroes wasn't so much a letdown at the end as it was completely unfulfilled potential...I tuned in hoping to watch the knockdown drag out city leveling superhero battles that I loved in comic books. instead I got soap opera drama with a healing factor
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics