• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your style icons

LSI

Reaction score
My style Icons will be the following: 1-Pierce Brosnon-James Bond, or outside, he's always sharp, classic, and modern. 2-Tom Cruise-adds the bohemian side, has modern/classic look. 3-Jude Law-classic but also modern 4-Jeremy Irons: same as Mr. Brosnon
smile.gif
5-Al Pacino: speaks for itself 6-Armani-eternal classic

LSI

Reaction score
My style Icons will be the following: 1-Pierce Brosnon-James Bond, or outside, he's always sharp, classic, and modern. 2-Tom Cruise-adds the bohemian side, has modern/classic look. 3-Jude Law-classic but also modern 4-Jeremy Irons: same as Mr. Brosnon
smile.gif
5-Al Pacino: speaks for itself 6-Armani-eternal classic
VODKA MARTINI....SHAKEN..NOT STURRED...

Abe2

Reaction score
>what shirt is he wearing in the scene at his aunts estate on >Long Island (the black button down that looks as if its >cashmere or something, i really want this shirt).

Do you mean the time when he's reading to old ladies? According to Wingate, that's an Armani, actually dark navy, and it's a silk/cotton blend.

thejackal

Reaction score
my favourtie too is ryan from cruel intentions. every scene he was looking very stylish. if only i could have everything in his wardrobe.

does anybody know anything about the shirt he was wearing in the pool scene? i love this shirt and haven't been able to find one like it.

European Interloper

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about the earlier Boiler Room post, as those guy dress far too flashy... Otherwise, PAT BATEMAN ALL THE WAY. haha, that's the greatest book and movie in the world, his suits were great for that time period and if you update his look ever so slightly (less fabric, leaner silhouette), it's perfect. Along with that go Pierce Brosnan, Tom Ford (I know he doesn't make the best clothes, but he dresses well..), Brad Pitt circa Fight Club for the grunge-appeal, all the suits in Ocean's Eleven... Lenny Kravitz is a great look for clubbing, trust me... What else? There are so many. I've had comic book characters inspire me. And the best body, the one that everyone should aspire to, belongs to Tyler Durden in Fight Club, by far. Go and get it, it's the ONLY thing to be seen in.
--European Interloper

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, here are my style icons...

1. cary grant...surprised i didn't see that one mentioned yet. classic savile row style.

2. Nick Charles, in the Thin Man movies from the 30s-40s....as played by william powell. probably one of the best examples of how to wear suits around.

3. Bond, by connery and brosnan only (no 70's hipsters..)

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
I have to say that I take most of my inpiration from Jude Law. I'm too young to wear suits everyday --- but I do love to rock them when it's appropriate. I think Jude's aesthetic is similar. He's a very classic guy, nothing too flashy, but always fitted perfectly, great rich colours. His casual style is wonderful, and yet he also looks positively dashing on the red carpet.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
fred astaire
fred_astaire.jpg
the rat pack
200px-Rat_Pack.jpg
david niven
DavidNiven.jpg
springsteen
KOT9cf183d0b_Bruce_Springsteen.JPG
redford
1128175051_4394.jpg
and newman
Paul-Newman-Photograph-C12150607.jpeg

tricket

Reaction score
I know you might disagree.

I like Ralph Lauren himself in his Chester Barrie-made Purple Label suits. Very elegant. Very confident.

Have you seen Giorgio Armani in his own suits?

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eropean / American artists from the late 19th century to 1950's. The early European modernists were a dapper bunch, with a bohemian twist. Naturally the 20's -30's
produced prime examples.
Currently: i like the Ralph Lauren, Tom Ford,
Clooney and original Rat Pack.

On the links: Ben Hogan

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been most influenced by Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart and Fred Astaire.

While I've certainly seen and admired many, many others over the years, and have liked a lot I've seen in the styles of Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani, Prince Charles and Sean Connery's Bond, none has had such a lasting impression or placed as much of an imprint on my style as the first three -- classic British borrowed American elegance.

(Good thread)

ferry1950

Reaction score
Some great choices!
For me over the last 30 years as dressing as an "adult", Cary Grant has been my guiding light.
Lesser stars include William Powell( Nick Charles) ,Bryan Ferry voted "coolest Man in England" and my dad.
Each of these icons provided me something that I filtered through my own sensibilities to create my own style.
ghw

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
-Ewan McGregor in Stay -Sean Connery as James Bond (minus Diamonds are Forever)

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
aportony's left

and right foot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads