• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your greatest accomplishment in life...

Eric

Reaction score
Thought this would make an interesting thread.

I'm only 21, but I've experienced a ton in my short life. The accomplishment I'm most proud of is defeating Depression mentally through good books, will power and no drugs. I have a very bright future, but I don't think any other accomplishment I have yet to mark will equal this one, short of raising a boy into a MAN, because the world is running low on actually "men".

What are some of you guys accomplishments and which ones are you most proud of.

Eric

alaaro

Reaction score
Not much, but I rode in a 150 mile bike tour over two days. It doesnt sound that impressive, but considering before that event, I had ridden no more than 10 miles at a time, it was pretty big for me.

Oh, and also, I did it on a mountain bike.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good question, eric. I think that the trick is to keep having accomplishments that you are proud of, without being in a position that it is all behind you.

in my late 30's, I have produced a child who is fantastic, well natured and very, very smart, as well as being a little tank in terms of physical strength (if you didn't want to hear bragging, you shouldn't have asked). as crazy as this sounds, at the ripe old age of 3 he is one of the most popular kids in his class (something I am very proud of, having grown up as something of an outsider).

at 35, I closed the biggest deal of the year for my (then) employer, a multinational fortune 1000/NASDAQ 100 company. this was the fruit of 2 years work, and resulted in nobody from my team being let go, at a time when the company had a reduction in force of 30%. I competed with several much bigger companies for this deal, and it was so an intricate and complex deal, with so many ups and downs and so much work and energy involved, I feel that in 25 years from now I might still think that it was the top of my proffetional achievment.

at 30, I bought for cash a new refriderator, stove and washer/dryer, being the first in my famliy to have bought new appliances (some things are big, some are small, but we each take pride in different things)

also at 30, I wooed and married a fantastic and intellegent woman.

at 27 I set up a very sturdy distribution network, the first that I had done by myself, consisting of a very well thought out (if I may say so myself) design and mix of partners.

at 25 I put together a business plan for the first modern concrete company in Jordan (today hugely successful). I an still very proud of the quality of the plan, and how well it weathered over time.

in my early 20's I saw a lot if very interesting parts of the world, and did a lot of very interesting things, achieving some of my childhood dreams.

in my late teens I joined the Israeli army, made it into a very good unit, and saw a lot of intersting things. I went from being a not very athletic child to being an extrenly fit young man, and I was able to stand up to vigors and tests that most people simply couldn't concieve of, while serving a cause that I believed in, and still do.

in my mid teens I was faced with an economic reality that could have left me devestated and could have kept me from achiving anything in life. I was able to support myself and keep from dropping out of school while working 4 shifts a week in a resteraunt and doing my own laundry by hand. I was able to graduate with full honors.

those are the things that I am most proud of. I am hoping that in 30 years I will be able to add a half dozen to that list.

Nonk

Reaction score
For sheer sense of achievement it has to be completing my first cross country flight to the goal field on my Hang Glider.

ViroBono

Reaction score
For sheer sense of achievement it has to be completing my first cross country flight to the goal field on my Hang Glider.
The Air Support Unit post Patten, presumably?

Nonk

Reaction score
Quote (Nonk @ 31 Dec. 2004, 02:16) For sheer sense of achievement it has to be completing my first cross country flight to the goal field on my Hang Glider. The Air Support Unit post Patten, presumably?
No ViroBono, it is the future of the RAF.
biggrin.gif
(No that cant be right, I didn't complain that the "met" was awful and book into a hotel half way)

ViroBono

Reaction score
Quote (Nonk @ 31 Dec. 2004, 02:16) For sheer sense of achievement it has to be completing my first cross country flight to the goal field on my Hang Glider. The Air Support Unit post Patten, presumably?
No ViroBono, it is the future of the RAF.
biggrin.gif
(No that cant be right, I didn't complain that the "met" was awful and book into a hotel half way)
Always better to check in than dig in.

moosio

Reaction score
Thought this would make an interesting thread.

I'm only 21, but I've experienced a ton in my short life.  The accomplishment I'm most proud of is defeating Depression mentally through good books, will power and no drugs.  I have a very bright future, but I don't think any other accomplishment I have yet to mark will equal this one, short of raising a boy into a MAN, because the world is running low on actually "men".

What are some of you guys accomplishments and which ones are you most proud of.

Eric
Must respect to the thread creator....

I'll will respond to this at a later time

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in my late 30's, I have produced a child who is fantastic, well natured and very, very smart, as well as being a little tank in terms of physical strength (if you didn't want to hear bragging, you shouldn't have asked). as crazy as this sounds, at the ripe old age of 3 he is one of the most popular kids in his class (something I am very proud of, having grown up as something of an outsider).
Congrats, when I read the above, I feel I have done nothing, a man that is proud of his son/daughter has achieved everything in life that can never be bettered by anything. It is good and wonderful to hear a man put his child first, I applaud, for I will never have that opportune, yet, as we chat thru this wonderful forum, my sister-in-law is ready to give birth to our name sake, and he will be my adored one, I will spoil and cherish the day my younger brother gives forth the boy who will become man to carry our name on. Although he will never accomplish the things I may in life, he will be the better of the two of us, not becuase he could bare a child, but because he could bring forth our name, and for that I will love him more than I already do. Pray through his life as a peace officer, he will always remain safe.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(globetrotter @ Dec. 28 2004,12:07) in my late 30's, I have produced a child who is fantastic, well natured and very, very smart, as well as being a little tank in terms of physical strength (if you didn't want to hear bragging, you shouldn't have asked). as crazy as this sounds, at the ripe old age of 3 he is one of the most popular kids in his class (something I am very proud of, having grown up as something of an outsider).
Congrats, when I read the above, I feel I have done nothing, a man that is proud of his son/daughter has achieved everything in life that can never be bettered by anything. It is good and wonderful to hear a man put his child first, I applaud, for I will never have that opportune, yet, as we chat thru this wonderful forum, my sister-in-law is ready to give birth to our name sake, and he will be my adored one, I will spoil and cherish the day my younger brother gives forth the boy who will become man to carry our name on. Although he will never accomplish the things I may in life, he will be the better of the two of us, not becuase he could bare a child, but because he could bring forth our name, and for that I will love him more than I already do. Pray through his life as a peace officer, he will always remain safe.
thanks chris, as silly as it may sound, it does take a village to raise a child, and you can have much input into the quality of the person that your brother is fathering. the same tears that I get in my eyes when I think of my son, I have gotten for twice as much time from my nieces, and from my best friends son.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads