Your feelings about inside temperatures in the US

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I realize the results might be off given the fact that most of you are gentlemen wearing coats in the office, but I'll try anyway.

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

The colder the better here in the South, the humidity factor alone makes it nice to walk into a cold space.

3. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

How cold should it be inside, then? 50, 60, 70?
    Do you keep your house warmer in the winter than you do in the summer?

4. nightowl6261a

How cold should it be inside, then? 50, 60, 70?
    Do you keep your house warmer in the winter than you do in the summer?

In the summer I set the temp @ 70 when at home, 78 when not, during the winter, I set the temp @ 62 when home, 58 when not......I hate the heat, period, and I hate the furnace, as it dries my skin out with the lack of humidity in the air, and I have a humidifier on both of my units, upstairs and down.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I hate being cold indoors. As such, I keep the heat cranked to almost 90 in winter. I think I got this from my grandfather, who kept his coal furnace running hot. I still miss the warmth of coal heat -- much better than electric or gas.

I also don't like cold air blowing on me in the summer, unless I've just come in from the heat. I find many public buildings far too frigid.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I like it cold, around 60-65 degrees all year round indoors is perfect for me.

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I like it cold, around 60-65 degrees all year round indoors is perfect for me.
    Yeah, there's no option for "Icicles forming on the AC vents, please." [​IMG]

8. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I like the AC set to slightly below 70 and the windows open simultaneously to get some fresh air. Not very eco-friendly, I'm afraid.

9. nightowl6261a

I like the AC set to slightly below 70 and the windows open simultaneously to get some fresh air. Not very eco-friendly, I'm afraid.

I'm with ya, and if I was worried about being EF, I would get rid of my big ass SUV first....the AC must stay!

10. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

it's way too cold in my office. i don't wear my coat to be proper, I do it to stay warm. still, I have to sit on my hands when I'm not typing. I'd prefer the temp to be between 70-75 degrees, assuming there isn't direct sunlight streaming in the windows.

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Too low. FAR too low. Imagine the shock when inside it is ~70 F and you leave to go outside and it is 105+!!! Ridiculous. Drives me potty, quite frankly.

12. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

yep, way too cold. i always have to bring a sweater or something with me in the summer if its hot out cause i know if i go indoors anywhere i'll be freezing in about 2 minutes. bleh.

13. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

We live in a c. 1920 house. In the winter, we set the thermostat at 65f and bring out the down comforters. In the summer, we keep the A/C at 72f, as we find this temp to be comfortable.

14. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I must be some kind of tightwad mizer, for even in the extreme South, during the summer, Mr. and Mrs. Vintage Gent keep it at 82 during the day (regardless of whether anyone's home) and 77 at night.

15. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

I must be some kind of tightwad mizer, for even in the extreme South, during the summer, Mr. and Mrs. Vintage Gent keep it at 82 during the day (regardless of whether anyone's home) and 77 at night.

I hope you don't keep the wine at 82, lol