• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your best solution for dark spot under eyes?

X-It

Reaction score
Originally Posted by remy185
Use a concealer.

I use a concealer. It helps, really. Just try it.

elmo argonaut

Reaction score
I deal with this, too. Some suggestions:

--> if you wear contact lenses, switch to prescription frames at least once in a while; personally contacts really tire my eyes out. if applicable, choose a frame that minimizes or hides your undereye circles.

--> moisturize. no need for anything fancy, but it can really help to even out your skin tone.

--> use concealer. this can be tricky for guys but if done correctly it really helps. try to choose a color that matches the warmth / coolness of your natural skin tone. dab, don't smear. and remember that less is more.

Phyziks

Reaction score
I'm bumping this to see if any more answers come up. I have this problem aswell. I drink tons of water, get more rest (although my sleeping habits were quite ****** before), and I exercise regularly. I hate having the darkness under my eyes. It's usually dark in the mornings, and goes lighter as the day progresses (or so I think).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phyziks
I'm bumping this to see if any more answers come up. I have this problem aswell. I drink tons of water, get more rest (although my sleeping habits were quite ****** before), and I exercise regularly. I hate having the darkness under my eyes. It's usually dark in the mornings, and goes lighter as the day progresses (or so I think).
In addition to what you're already doing, use a moisturizer under your eyes. It doesn't have to be an expensive product or an under eye cream.

mendozavr

Reaction score
I have this problem as well, mostly due to an offbeat sleeping schedule. I'm seeing improvement with a sleep mask, cucumber slices, and regular sleep.

Also, one thing that I haven't seen mentioned so far is that dark circles under eyes may indicate problems with the liver or kidneys. Of course this is a rare exception, but it's something to keep in mind for stubborn cases.

bobmcbob

Reaction score
I'm dealing with this too. I've been researching it. My eyes are darker and puffier lately. Puffiness and darkness each make the other look worse. Puffy eyes cast a shadow and make them look darker. Dark eyes emphasize the puffiness.

For dark eyes, it can be from from allergies. There's a term called "allergic shiners". Other terms are "periorbital hyperpigmentation", "periorbital darkening". If it's from bruising then it's called "periorbital ecchymosis" or "raccoon eyes". Dark circles can be caused by your eyes being directly allergic, itchy, inflamed, rubbing them, etc. It can also be caused by long standing sinus congestion. Either way you should see an allergist. There are antihistamines, and things like Nasonex which may help. But, the ultimate would be to get allergy shots and cure yourself of the allergy after several years. You can get dust mite covers for your pillows and mattress. It's a common allergen that can mostly be avoided. There are other things you can to to help minimize your allergies, like air filters and what not.

If dark eyes are not from allergies. It can be from alcohol or lack of sleep, which is basically stress. Though I have read that lack of sleep does not cause it, instead it causes your skin to look pale which emphasizes your already dark eyes. I'm not sure I believe that.

The technical term for puffy eyes is: periorbital edema. Or, it could be: ***** orbital herniation. If the puffiness is just below the eye on the cheekbone, then it's a festoon is a malar bag. Puffy eyes can be from dehydration. Drink more water. Though I have also read that too many liquids before bed can make it worse. Eat less sodium. Eat more potassium. Another thing you can do is raise the head of your bed 3-6 inches. Sleep on your back. It can be caused by thyroid disease, and people with thyroid problems can have a very bad time with puffy eyes.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dar...r-eyes/AN00423
http://saveyourface.com/whatsnew/200...ent-deformity/
http://drseckel.com/puffiness-of-the...-and-eye-bags/
http://pmid.us/17760701 (Your library can get you the full study)

rar indeed

Reaction score
Guyliner

petewentz_fw_300.jpg

Casey

Reaction score
I think creams with caffeine can help with the discoloration. So tea leaves should have some effect.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If dark eyes are not from allergies. It can be from alcohol or lack of sleep, which is basically stress. Though I have read that lack of sleep does not cause it, instead it causes your skin to look pale which emphasizes your already dark eyes. I'm not sure I believe that.
If the skin is particularly thin (that's one of the thinnest spots on the face), then pallor will emphasize blood and fat underneath. Vitamin K, a tan, correction of anemia, etc. can help.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I've found that vitamin k cream actually can help, when nothing else does. Unfortunately I get an allergic reaction to vitamin k topicals and my face puffs up and I get a rash under my eyes and on my neck.... :-/

Lucky7

Reaction score
I get them when I put in crazy time in at the office for big projects. I only get them once in a while, but I call them my "money bags." Just means you're working hard making money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads