Your best solution for dark spot under eyes?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by RRR, Apr 15, 2008.

1. RRR

RRR New Member

okay.. they arent super dark but a little dark that it bothers me now (had it for as long as I can remember, even seen them in a pic of me in 2006). i get about 8-9 hours of sleep alot and use my pc quite often as most of my work is done on here. i've tried the cucumber slices along with drinking lots of water, but no luck

allergies is also a problem with me, which I think is the cause.. but I'm not exactly sure of it. I purchased Neutrogena Radiance Boost eye cream today for about 25$ and going to try them for as long as the bottle lasts to see any effect. if not i'm going to have to seek alternatives

I prefer using creams over putting slices of potatoes, cucumbers and what not over my eyes, would probably be more effective anyway? Plus I remember reading something about vitamin k and retinol in creams work best, but I didnt see any eye creams that had those ingredients in them at all [​IMG]

so.. post any creams that worked for you and the price. i'm taking any suggestions! local Wal-mart didnt have much choice so I might just get them over the internet if needed.. thanks! [​IMG]

ps. I dont have bags under my eyes, or puffiness. just dark :p

2. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

From my understanding, there really is no cure for dark circles despite the numerous products out there in the market. I guess just taking care of yourself in terms of a healthy diet, lots of water and rest are the best ways to get rid of them.

As of recent, I've also been experiencing the dark circles but my lifestyle choices (drinking, smoking and sleeping only 5hrs/day) aren't really helping. [​IMG]

3. RyanM

RyanM Senior member

Use a concealer. Just don't tell anyone.

4. AMAR420

AMAR420 Senior member

cucumber slices my friend

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Wear them with pride and let the world know you're bad as s***

[​IMG]

6. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

I've found that cold potatoe slices actually do help. But it's only temporary. I've wondered what using them for like twice a day every day would do.

7. brosnan6

brosnan6 Well-Known Member

I've heard ClarinsMen Undereye Serum is effective...probably pretty pricey considering what I pay for the other Clarins products I use [​IMG]

8. Saltwater Wrangler

Saltwater Wrangler Senior member

Keep us posted on the Neutragena cream. I use a product by Jack Black and the results are minimal. I think a lot just has to do with genetics, sun exposure, environment, etc. In fact, I've started wearing my sunglasses LESS, to let the sun work its natural beauty and see if that will help.

9. PCabrelli

PCabrelli Senior member

10. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

SLEEP

but really who cares....come on now, it is a badge of honor

11. denning

denning Senior member

This is probably incorrect, but I remember reading before that there are two forms of dark circles under your eyes: hereditary, and lifestyle choice derived. If they are hereditary, as mine are, there isn't much you can do. Again, this is all spurious knowledge, but I believe they are caused by the hemoglobin from the red blood cells in the capilaries under your eyes oxidizing. They are essentially like bruises. You can't make a bruise go away, neither can you really make your dark circles go away either.

12. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

This is probably incorrect, but I remember reading before that there are two forms of dark circles under your eyes: hereditary, and lifestyle choice derived. If they are hereditary, as mine are, there isn't much you can do. Again, this is all spurious knowledge, but I believe they are caused by the hemoglobin from the red blood cells in the capilaries under your eyes oxidizing. They are essentially like bruises. You can't make a bruise go away, neither can you really make your dark circles go away either.

If it's hereditary, I think it's usually because the skin under your eyes thins out, so the blood becomes more visible. But yeah, either way, if it's hereditary (as it usually is with chronic dark circles) then there's really nothing you can do about it.

13. RyanM

RyanM Senior member

14. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Go see a dermatologist. They have some relatively new things to treat that.

15. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

Go see a dermatologist. They have some relatively new things to treat that.

like what?