• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Young Man Style Advice

Curious_George

Reaction score
As long as you don't go to a small private university you really don't have to worry about what you wear because most people don't care. On a large campus you're going to see a variety of people (although I guess if you're in the US the whole A&F look is still pretty prevalent). I don't see any reason why you shouldn't just wear what you like best. As long as your style isn't visually offensive you'll probably meet like minded people who accept your look (granted I say this from the perspective of a liberal arts major, your results may vary if you're in science, engineering, or business majors).

mc25

Reaction score
Lol, i took this pic after reading this thread. I was wearing this today, and turned it into a douche bag version :p Lets play spot the douchebagness..whats wrong with this picture lol. For the normal wear, its in the WAYWT thread
sg1s1736.jpg

mc25

Reaction score
Why are you so negative? Instead of being an ASSHOLE post something constructive...but I bet you cant, because your just an asshole. Get a life, keyboard warrior.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mc25
\\I was wearing this today, and turned it into a douche bag version :p\\[/IMG]

"Turned it" into douchebag version? The shorts look straight out of A&F so you were halfway there already...

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, i took this pic after reading this thread. I was wearing this today, and turned it into a douche bag version :p
Lets play spot the douchebagness..whats wrong with this picture lol.
For the normal wear, its in the WAYWT thread

The belt looks stupid worn like that.
The cargo shorts are terrible.
The fly seems to be open.
uhoh.gif

You think you are dressed well in this picture.

mc25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
The belt looks stupid worn like that.
The cargo shorts are terrible.
The fly seems to be open.
uhoh.gif

You think you are dressed well in this picture.

3/5 correct...2 left lol

Paerra

Reaction score
To the TC:

I noticed no one here has addressed your question about Wayfarers yet. If I were you, I wouldn't get the red Wayfarers. Personally, I think red sunglasses only look good on girls - ideally, girls with platinum blonde hair. If you're black or dark-skinned, you might be able to pull it off. However, if you're a white guy, I think you would come across as a hipster, which is definitely not something to aspire to.

Consider the black ones or the tortoise shell ones. These are the most timeless/classic, the most understated, and they can easily match whatever you're wearing. Moreover, you'll be able to wear them for decades before you tire of them.

I would also ask you to consider the white ones, but only if you're dark-skinned or very tan. These will give you that hipster sheen you're looking for without the grating, in-your-face, "look at my sunglasses" appearance. I'd say they're classic in their own right - i.e. classic, in that you'll look like you transported from the '70s - but classic nonetheless.

On a final note, don't get low-end Wayfarer knock-offs with plastic lenses. At the least, get the classic Ray-Bans. Nothing says low-quality, flash-in-the-pan trend sunglasses like knock-off Wayfarers.

perusingnature

Reaction score
ugh i know santa clara. hot and humid without the luxury of the beach nearby.

VolsVolsVols

Reaction score
For the normal wear, its in the WAYWT thread

I could not discern any difference between the "WAYWT" picture and the "purposely-awful" outfit posted in this thread, which pretty much means that you fucked up any way you cut it.

mc25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VolsVolsVols
I could not discern any difference between the "WAYWT" picture and the "purposely-awful" outfit posted in this thread, which pretty much means that you fucked up any way you cut it.

lol..then you are blind...idiot. I dont wear the fly open generally, but you might.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads