• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

you know when you're an SF'er when

D Yizz

Reaction score
Get disgusted by each pair of squared toed shoes, yard of excessive pant leg or lack of shirt cuff that passes you by.

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like the one where the SF member is a fifty year old guy secretly wanting to dress like a teen. But I must say - getting a bespoke suit made for you is on your top list of priorities in life.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the one where the SF member is a fifty year old guy secretly wanting to dress like a teen. But I must say - getting a bespoke suit made for you is on your top list of priorities in life.
It's not that we want to DRESS LIKE a teen ... :(

Last edited:

mandom

Reaction score

It is the total opposite buddy. Young guys in this forum think that dressing like a 50 year old is cool.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-You know all the intricate details of the F/W 2011 Cucinelli collection, but you can't actually afford to buy any of it.

-Retail price is for the uninformed or lazy.

(not meaning to offend actually trying to turn around a snarky morning with some sarcastic attempts at humor. cheers)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

...T&A stands for Turnbull & Asser before anything else.

this is so funny. A buddy of mine was talking about what makes him happy......"T&A man.....T&A!" my first reply was " I like their **** but im realy getting into neopolitan makers now" :facepalm:

I got a really strange look.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is so funny. A buddy of mine was talking about what makes him happy......"T&A man.....T&A!" my first reply was " I like their **** but im realy getting into neopolitan makers now" :facepalm:

I got a really strange look.

:lol:

i bet he thought neopolitan was a strippers name

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know you're an SF'er when ...
you can spot a real Anderson & Sheppard coat at ten paces distance.​

you own several pocket squares.
Just several?

getting a bespoke suit made for you is on your top list of priorities in life
I would think when it's simiply a fact of life and not thought of as a priority ... it's just something you do ... it's second nature ... and the results are beautiful.

Last edited:

rohde88

Reaction score

It seems that way and in fact many are dressing like my 100 yo grandfather
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Oh well, I guess that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Most of those 50+ guys are getting all of the hot college girls and I guess they think they can get one too if they dress like them. Never happened. Takes a lot more than that kids.
7 figure income?

gateslion

Reaction score
When you stop classifying clothes as:

Fashionable, nice, classy VS unfashionable, ugly, tacky

and start classifying them by:

"IS" or "Isn't"

"S/F Approved"

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
All normal people find them disgusting too. I have quite a few shoes (AE,CJ. Peal etc) which are all in ex cond. that I really no longer use that I'll just throw away. I'd feel strange about selling used shoes and it feels a little creepy to me. Shoes are a very personal item. Even the homeless don't wear used shoes.Besides, shoes are a disposible item like underwaer and whether they last for 1 year or 10 years their ultimate end is in the garbage.

Sorry, this is opinion masquerading as fact. Having worked with homeless people, I can tell you for dead certain that your wrong about that, and as for me, I have several pairs of used shoes and they are all among my favourites. And it is just silly, not to say unethical, to throw away shoes that you don't want that are in top condition. Good shoes are crafted items, with a lot of embodied energy and effort in them. They aren't remotely like underwear or 'disposable'. We aren't talking trainers here.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I thought it really strange that he would go into some lower class area where the Sal Army has these stores just to buy a tie.

Last edited:

hellodocks

Reaction score

I thought it really strange that he would go into some lower class area where the Sal Army has these stores just to buy a tie.
Wow. Do you talk like this in real life?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads