• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a pair of chelseas on the 961 last from Skolyx (great service, by the way). I wear UK7.5F on Loake Capital and 026F lasts, 7.5F on the Cheaney 175 last, and 7.5EE (standard width) in Carmina Rain. The Capital last fits a touch large on my feet but there is no heel slip, and I doubt that I could size down to UK7F on that last. I ordered the Yanko chelsea boots on 961 in UK7 (so 1/2 size down) and they fit perfectly.

Thank you for comparing 261 last with Loake Capital and 026 F last as I have both. In my case, I use 6.5 UK with the 026 but decided to downsize to 6 UK with my Pimlico chukka boots, built in the Capital last. Although they were some kind of tight at the beginning, especially on my small toes, I took them to my cobbler to be stretched a bit and now they are quite comfortable. Nevertheless, I don't know how they would have felt if a had kept the same size than the 026 last...

I am looking for a Chelsea pair of boots and I have the option of the Yanko 915 and the 961 "G" lasts. Even though I like the latter better as it seems you have a more subtle chiseled toe, my doubt is in terms of its width, as I have slim and low instep feet. What would be your opinion in terms of their width?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for comparing 261 last with Loake Capital and 026 F last as I have both. In my case, I use 6.5 UK with the 026 but decided to downsize to 6 UK with my Pimlico chukka boots, built in the Capital last. Although they were some kind of tight at the beginning, especially on my small toes, I took them to my cobbler to be stretched a bit and now they are quite comfortable. Nevertheless, I don't know how they would have felt if a had kept the same size than the 026 last...

I am looking for a Chelsea pair of boots and I have the option of the Yanko 915 and the 961 "G" lasts. Even though I like the latter better as it seems you have a more subtle chiseled toe, my doubt is in terms of its width, as I have slim and low instep feet. What would be your opinion in terms of their width?

I have an average width foot with a low instep. I have not tried the 915 last but my impression is that the 961 last is slightly wider than the Capital. If I were you I would suggest trying 6 UK in the Yanko 961 last.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an average width foot with a low instep. I have not tried the 915 last but my impression is that the 961 last is slightly wider than the Capital. If I were you I would suggest trying 6 UK in the Yanko 961 last.

Thank you, that is exactly the size I have been considering.

I would like to have more information on the 970F although the Chelsea is sold out in size 6 UK, as I am considering the chukka model just for using this last: I feel it is a little more rounded, not so chiseled.

Even though the Chelsea is a kind of boot that I don't have, I am a Chukka lover and I would like to taste Yanko instead of the British models.

big_Yanko-080-Boxcalf-Negro-York-001.jpg

Houta

Reaction score

learningdandy

Reaction score
Are you wearing the same size you wear in other brands? I want to order my first Yanko but based on their size guide, my size is one size smaller than my normal size. Is that the case with you?

I dont actually have alot of GYW shoes. But I have 3 pairs from Yanko and this is my only 'closed' shoes. The rest are loafers. I wear Uk 6 on the loafers and Uk 7 on this dubmonks

josef1

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if half sizing down in the 955 last loafers is the right choice? Just ordered a pair online so fingers crossed!

I wear a 7UK on Meermin hiro and ruin, Loake Capital, and Carlos Santos 234.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads