1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yale MBA - Ranking & Perception? (or lack thereof?)

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by micbain, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Whats wrong with that? KSG is pretty easy to get into as is Columbia GS and LSE Master programs. Its basically a backdoor into the program, I dont see how "telling" this is. Its like working at Goldman Sachs and working in back office.
    I think KSG's admit rate is pretty high, but I don't think they give out a lot of $. $100K for a public policy/public admin. degree is really not wise, considering the salary you're likely to earn.

2. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

One data point for the Penn vs Yale debate. In the latest round of summer analyst recruiting, a top bulge took in nearly 4 Penn for every 1 Yale.

3. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

One data point for the Penn vs Yale debate. In the latest round of summer analyst recruiting, a top bulge took in nearly 4 Penn for every 1 Yale.

Pretty typical. But the big difference is that there are plenty fewer Yalies per year (2500 vs 1200 or so) and many fewer Yalies seek to go into that industry.

4. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Pretty typical. But the big difference is that there are plenty fewer Yalies per year (2500 vs 1200 or so) and many fewer Yalies seek to go into that industry.

I can't believe this turned into a serious discussion.

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I think KSG's admit rate is pretty high, but I don't think they give out a lot of $. $100K for a public policy/public admin. degree is really not wise, considering the salary you're likely to earn.

But they help form policy that benefit the city/state/nation as a whole and thats a good thing.[​IMG]

6. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I can't believe this turned into a serious discussion.

Its styleforum so what you'd expect?

7. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Its styleforum so what you'd expect?

Good point, chap.

8. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

ITT: white people problems.