• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yale MBA - Ranking & Perception? (or lack thereof?)

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Harvard seems to be up there too and it churns out some top grads that sit on the USSC and some prominent attorneys.

Yale or Fail bro!

kxk

Reaction score
LOL! I think Harvard would be a very safe bet.

actually, i do know/know of more than one HLS student who struck out at big lawfirm recruiting last year. ultimately, yes, i'm sure they all end up with jobs, but perhaps not ones worth (strictly monetarily speaking) 3 years of forgone income and student loans, nor doing the kind of work that they would have found exciting.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kxk
actually, i do know/know of more than one HLS student who struck out at big lawfirm recruiting last year. ultimately, yes, i'm sure they all end up with jobs, but perhaps not ones worth (strictly monetarily speaking) 3 years of forgone income and student loans, nor doing the kind of work that they would have found exciting.

wow.gif
did they pass the bar?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kxk

Well, that's a BigLaw problem, not so much a pure Harvard problem.

To a large extent, Yale JDs see law practice as a signal of failure to achieve their real ambitions.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia

To a large extent, Yale JDs see law practice as a signal of failure to achieve their real ambitions.

I'm not one to overplay the value of certain degrees but a Yale JD could graduate, fall asleep for three years behind a dumpster and when he awoke all his loans would be paid off and he'd be making 280K a year.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These threads are always a lot of fun.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia

What do Yale grads do with their JDs if they don't practice law? Even the Clintons practice some law.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
I'm not one to overplay the value of certain degrees but a Yale JD could graduate, fall asleep for three years behind a dumpster and when he awoke all his loans would be paid off and he'd be making 280K a year.

Are you serious?

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you serious?

Uhh...obviously not. It was just to illustrate that a Yale JD is as close to a "golden ticket" as you can get, practically anywhere in the world. The recent bloodbath that hit US law schools barely even registered at Yale. Everyone was still landing clerkships and market offers from V10 firms.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Uhh...obviously not. It was just to illustrate that a Yale JD is as close to a "golden ticket" as you can get, practically anywhere in the world. The recent bloodbath that hit US law schools barely even registered at Yale. Everyone was still landing clerkships and market offers from V10 firms.

I believe I've seen an article or a program that stated that the Harvard JD is the world's best degree.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe I've seen an article or a program that stated that the Harvard JD is the world's best degree.

Well then I guess that settles the debate!
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads