• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I vote to keep the lapels at 3", as the majority of my ties are this width.
fight[1].gif

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just received my first sport coat. Overall, the quality and the fit are very good, and hard to see many easy alternatives at this price. My only complaint is that the lapels are a bit too narrow at ~3". (I realize it is hard to please everyone, but here it is, I'm voting for slight increase in lapel width :) ). Regardless, I'll probably get a few more.

Thanks for the feedback... how about some pics!

BTW the lapels should wider than that and almost 8.5cm...

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback... how about some pics!

BTW the lapels should wider than that and almost 8.5cm...

Yes, I measure them slightly below 8.5, but actually the left lapel is 0.5 cm narrower. I think it might be a defect or it was pressed this wa, i can't tell, but there is also a full 1 cm difference in the distance of the corner of the lapels to the shoulder seam

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yes, I measure them slightly below 8.5, but actually the left lapel is 0.5 cm narrower. I think it might be a defect or it was pressed this wa, i can't tell, but there is also a full 1 cm difference in the distance of the corner of the lapels to the shoulder seam

Oh no that doesn't sound good... a pic or two perhaps? You can also PM me or email me directly [email protected] if you prefer. Granted I have seen this happen with Kiton, Borrelli, etc., but never before with my garments - I'm hoping it is just a press (and imagine that is the case).

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh I should also so I'm planning to widen the lapel by 1cm, and also making a few other minor adjustments! :D

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So we recently put up some new items on the site including Kiton cashmere sweaters, as well as some awesome cashmere, cashmere blend and wool ties from rare brands including E. Formicola, Ulturale, Roda, Nicky, Ballantyne, Sasa and Borrelli. Check them out!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are 1,310 items showing up as "new arrivals" which seems like a lot. I also don't see the cashmere sweater within those new arrivals.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

There are 1,310 items showing up as "new arrivals" which seems like a lot. I also don't see the cashmere sweater within those new arrivals.

Actually there are only 321 items in "New Arrivals". You can find the Kiton sweaters in the middle of the 3rd page.

I should also take the time to say that the site is absolute rubbish but we are nearing having the newly revamped site completed! Maybe after the new year I'll post screen shots of what it will look like... or better yet just have the new site up!

Also I am aware there are some missing photos for some of the new ties - I'm having that looked into first thing Monday.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually there are only 321 items in "New Arrivals". You can find the Kiton sweaters in the middle of the 3rd page.

I should also take the time to say that the site is absolute rubbish but we are nearing having the newly revamped site completed! Maybe after the new year I'll post screen shots of what it will look like... or better yet just have the new site up!

Also I am aware there are some missing photos for some of the new ties - I'm having that looked into first thing Monday.

Thanks. I stand corrected.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks. I stand corrected.

No worries - things like search, new arrivals, sorting, etc. will be much improved when the new site launches.

tdude

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Sasa, never heard of that name before. But I purchased a blue shepherd's check last night and now it isn't on the site anymore. Sold out that quick?!? Congrats on the new cashmere and wool tie lineup. They do look very nice.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I don't know anything about Sasa, never heard of that name before.  But I purchased a blue shepherd's check last night and now it isn't on the site anymore.  Sold out that quick?!?  Congrats on the new cashmere and wool tie lineup.  They do look very nice.

You won't be disappointed. Yes for many of these we only got one or two.

sandwitches

Reaction score
I'm starting a new job in January and am in desperate need of some dress pants. I'd like a few pairs of the Benjamin suit pants but they're a little out of my price range at $115. Are there any promotions or coupon codes going right now?

JEdge

Reaction score
Free shipping for SF members should save some coin: SFFRSHIP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads