• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
I am curious about how durable should one expect the 100% cashmere sport coats to be?
There seems to be conflicting opinions on if cashmere is more fragile than regular wool in general, so it would be good to know what are the expectations for this specific batch of sport coats?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anybody who's purchased the wool trousers, would you say these are more on the delicate end of the spectrum or good weekly (twice weekly?) workhorses that can stand up (no pun intended) to hours and hours of walking? The Super 140s fabric is what's throwing me off but otherwise they look like an excellent value. Also, I live in the US South so I prefer lighter weight fabrics but I do want something that will drape well, how would you describe how these pants wear?

Thanks! Looking forward to making my first eHaberdasher purchase in 2014.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm starting a new job in January and am in desperate need of some dress pants. I'd like a few pairs of the Benjamin suit pants but they're a little out of my price range at $115. Are there any promotions or coupon codes going right now?

We generally don't do more promotions or discounts, sorry.

Yes there is a free shipping for US CUSTOMERS ONLY on orders over $150.

Also there is a 1/2 off shipping code for international orders: "SFHALF"

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am curious about how durable should one expect the 100% cashmere sport coats to be?
There seems to be conflicting opinions on if cashmere is more fragile than regular wool in general, so it would be good to know what are the expectations for this specific batch of sport coats?

I generally don't think you will have much of an issue with wear - these are very high quality cashmeres from Biella - Tallia Delfino, Barbera, Colombo and Zegna.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

For anybody who's purchased the wool trousers, would you say these are more on the delicate end of the spectrum or good weekly (twice weekly?) workhorses that can stand up (no pun intended) to hours and hours of walking?  The Super 140s fabric is what's throwing me off but otherwise they look like an excellent value.  Also, I live in the US South so I prefer lighter weight fabrics but I do want something that will drape well, how would you describe how these pants wear?

Thanks! Looking forward to making my first eHaberdasher purchase in 2014.

Perhaps others will chime in on their experiences, but we have not received a single complaint about the durability of the fabric in the past 4 years. I can say that my brother works in Manhattan, walks a good 40 blocks a day and he has worn the trousers on a regular rotation 1-2x a week for over two years with no issues.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Ben. Are there still Napoli suits coming to the US site? Or did I miss them? I'd like to see how they look.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi, Ben. Are there still Napoli suits coming to the US site? Or did I miss them? I'd like to see how they look.

What size? Color preference? Not too many - I'll be bringing back what's left with me from London back to NJ later this week.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just added some Benjamin Ties for $40/£30 - hand made in Como, Italy as well as some new gorgeous Kiton ties!

In the US: http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-Neckties/keyword/1311/start/1/Categories

In the UK: http://www.ehaberdasher.co.uk/servlet/the-Accessories-cln-Ties/Categories

We also got in some really plush Riviera sweaters in cashmere/silk in 1/2 zip and polo models:

In the US: http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-Sweaters/keyword/Riviera/start/1/Categories

In the UK: http://www.ehaberdasher.co.uk/servlet/the-Sweaters/keyword/Riviera/start/1/Categories

lierre

Reaction score
Just got my tuxedo in 36 R, pics below (sorry for the bad pics only from the back). I think the shoulders might be a smidgen wide and it could definitely be taken it. I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a suit as well. Do you think I should keep 36, or go down to 34? Thanks!

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my tuxedo in 36 R, pics below (sorry for the bad pics only from the back). I think the shoulders might be a smidgen wide and it could definitely be taken it. I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a suit as well. Do you think I should keep 36, or go down to 34? Thanks!
Go down to a 34.

lierre

Reaction score
Thanks, Mute! I will for the suit. Do you (or any other opinions welcome as well) think the 36 is salvageable for the tux if tailored well? I've added some pics below.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads