• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan's Neopolitan shoulder construction - pictures

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
im not a fan of the neopolitan shoulder look.

i mean, besides it looking peculiar and eye-catching for itself, does it actually flatter the wearer?

It doesn't look peculiar or eye-catching at all, it just looks more natural than a heavily padded shoulder. Some like their clothes looking more natural, while others prefer to wear something more structured. That's all there is to it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It doesn't look peculiar or eye-catching at all, it just looks more natural than a heavily padded shoulder. Some like their clothes looking more natural, while others prefer to wear something more structured. That's all there is to it.

you are not ignoring Me!!!!
laugh.gif
inlove.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are not ignoring Me!!!!
laugh.gif
inlove.gif

I'm not - should I ?
confused.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you said you started to ignore a douchbag. and i replied and you didnt answer so that confirmed it was me.

Chin up diorshoe ! You're not a douchebag - you're one of the good guys

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

Is it more comfortable when you're leaning forward on a desk to have a neapolitan shoulder with little/no padding? One of my goals when I get a Chan made someday is to have it be comfortable even while working a desk. I heard the high armhole/neapolitan/little padding combo is best for that, but wanna make sure... I also like the roped shoulder look, wonder if you can do that with no padding without looking weird.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
Is it more comfortable when you're leaning forward on a desk to have a neapolitan shoulder with little/no padding? One of my goals when I get a Chan made someday is to have it be comfortable even while working a desk. I heard the high armhole/neapolitan/little padding combo is best for that, but wanna make sure... I also like the roped shoulder look, wonder if you can do that with no padding without looking weird.

High armhole and shoulder padding/construction are two rather unrelated issues, including when it comes to comfort. I personally think that less padding is more comfortable because it's generally lighter. High armholes are also mor comfortable but require a little getting used to - they feel a little strange first and maybe more constraining than bigger armholes. After a bit, the ease of movement that they provide is an added element of comfort.

Roping is an unrelated aspect as well - doesn't affect comfort at all. Yes, there are soft roped shoulders out there (I won't repost Sciamat's caricatural example)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn

It's perfectly comfortable. Im at a desk 10 hours a day and keep my jacket on at all times. I don't think my comfortability would be affected by slightly more padding or a non-neopolitan shoulder, generally.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I guess the position I imagine wanting to do with no constriction is the very one in your avatar gld203... or perhaps slouching in a chair and having both arms outstretched to the keyboard. Being able to do to either of those with little/no constrcition would be awesome. I remember, these pics... is this (first one) a roped shoulder with no padding perhaps?:
141108wc.jpg

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i mean, besides it looking peculiar and eye-catching for itself, does it actually flatter the wearer?

just asking.

I'm with you, it looks good on some people but not me. I think in general if you are tall you need to be pretty thin to make it look good and i'm not
frown.gif

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score

just asking.

if you have a good build, the NS allows your build to naturally shine and without getting obscured under layers of padding.

conversely, if you're very bony, the NS is not a good choice.

i personally think it's marvelous. it looks great AND is super-comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads