• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich Woolen Mills Fall/Winter 2009

Jobo

Reaction score
does anyone know if anyone in the us still has the mountain parkas in ripstop in stock still ?

Coffee

Reaction score
Just got an upland jacket and I´m wondering if I should keep it. Sleeves are long but shoulders are narrow. Comments on fit are welcome.

Upland01.jpg

Upland02.jpg

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Coffee, please post your height/weight for reference......

On fit, the jacket doesn't look bad on you at all, if its mostly for fall/winter wear and layering with it, then I'd keep it as is.

Coffee

Reaction score
I measure about 185 cm/75 kg or 6´1"/ 155 pounds.

I think the shoulders look better in the picture than they look in real life. If this was a suit jacket, shoulders should propably be 2 cm wider. I´m not sure if these should fit like a suit jacket though.

Thanks for your comments canstyleace. I may overestimate the problem but I still wouldn´t go for size M. Chest size feels good on this one.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coffee, thats a good fit, although very slim. But xl would probably be too big on you. And really, whats up with WWMs sizing? I got a shirt in xl, which also has too narrow shoulders and too long sleeves. How does their ideal model look like? 6´5 with no shoulders?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coffee
I measure about 185 cm/75 kg or 6´1"/ 155 pounds. I think the shoulders look better in the picture than they look in real life. If this was a suit jacket, shoulders should propably be 2 cm wider. I´m not sure if these should fit like a suit jacket though. Thanks for your comments canstyleace. I may overestimate the problem but I still wouldn´t go for size M. Chest size feels good on this one.
No worries, I'm quite shorter than you, so generally I prefer the most fitted fit possible on me..... but that looks good on you as is.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would keep it. It looks good just get the sleeves adjusted. No worries.

thizzface

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coffee
Just got an upland jacket and I´m wondering if I should keep it. Sleeves are long but shoulders are narrow. Comments on fit are welcome.

Upland01.jpg

Upland02.jpg

i just bought that jacket in HK, same problem on me. good overall fit, long in the arms. they altered the sleeves for me from the shoulders which moved elbow patches to the correct place. it made the upper arm fit slightly tighter which was good for me.

plus, they did it for free. ask the people from the shop you got it at. for such an expensive piece they should hook it up.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, those jeans go really well with the silhouette of that jacket. I would not go with a smaller size in that jacket. Would just look wierd. I would also not get the sleeves shortened without first trying on the jacket with some serious layering underneath - a heavy sweater or a heavy fleece - something like that. Remember that this is a piece of outerwear, not a sportsjacket. The sleeves are supposed to protect your cuffs and your hands from the elements. With everything one, the sleeves should reach maybe 1/4-1/3" past the base of your hand.

If I want a slim jacket, I wear my Krane or my Robert Geller. My WWM jacket should look modern, but not "slim". It should feel roomy enough (and tough enough) to slash through brush in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads