• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Epaulet x Woolrich "Last American Donegal Tweed" Project

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this the woolrich donegal tweed that will be available in the fall? Will Doyle jackets be available in it?

I believe that this was the last batch of fabric available (hence the name "last American Donegal tweed") but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a different, similar fabric for Doyles later this year. It just won't be this batch of fabric because presumably, that was all used up for this order.

@Uffda thanks for asking! This fabric was the last Donegal tweed produced by Woolrich, but I do have more of it. We didn't use everything for the prior run. So they'll be another round in the next four weeks and you'll be able to buy:

Doyle Jackets
Sinclair Jackets
Rivet Chinos
Wilhelm Chinos

We might have the possibility of offering a vest as well, but I'll have to see if we can finish that development in time.

This is all the same dye lot, so if anyone got a single piece last round (just a jacket or a pant), they can purchase the matching item this time around and it's going to coordinate perfectly

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oooh, a vest would be cool!

Yeah, I'm jazzed for it! Great thing is that making a vest is pretty inexpensive, so we could offer that for under $100. Sizing is super easy too. So it could make for a great entry point.

Not to mention... THREE PIECE DONEGAL SUITS

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SF-Woolrich.jpg

Hey everyone!

My apologies for the very late update to this dedicated thread. We've opened up again for preorders on this gorgeous Woolrich tweed. This project ends Thursday 9/4, so be sure to get your orders in! We'll deliver right at the start of Fall, and it's a great opportunity to add some timeless pieces to your wardrobe.

From the legendary Woolrich Mill in Pennsylvania, we've secured 200 yards of 14oz Mushroom Herringbone Tweed, and approx 70 yards remain from our last round of 13oz Sandy Chestnut Donegal. Woolrich was famous for its excellent and enduring fabrics, and these genuine articles were lovingly crafted by their long standing team.

We'll honor their legacy by sewing every single yard right here in the USA. With this preorder project, you can purchase the Sinclair, the Doyle, the Rivet, the Wilhelm, AND our new Sierra Vest in these gorgeous fabrics.

All of these pieces will be made in the same cloth, from the same dye lot, and they'll perfectly match with their brethren. You can easily compose a stunning 2 or 3 piece look.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Sandy Doyle Text.jpg

Woolrich Herringbone Text.jpg

Woolrich Fabrics.jpg

Sierra Vest.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Damn, looks like I'm late to the party. Will you be reopening orders in the future, or was that the last of the sandy chestnut?

No worries, I'm pretty sure that I'll have more cloth remaining after we cut all of the preorder pieces. I don't think they'll be enough for a big stock round like this, but probably 8-10 units that we can offer as custom makeups.

Prue

Reaction score
No worries, I'm pretty sure that I'll have more cloth remaining after we cut all of the preorder pieces. I don't think they'll be enough for a big stock round like this, but probably 8-10 units that we can offer as custom makeups.
Hi there,

Thought I would check whether you ended up having enough of the sandy chestnut leftover to run a custom makeup like you mentioned.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thought I would check whether you ended up having enough of the sandy chestnut leftover to run a custom makeup like you mentioned.

Hey Prue, we do have about 15 yards remaining of it. Let us know what garments you’re interested in!

Prue

Reaction score
Hey Prue, we do have about 15 yards remaining of it. Let us know what garments you’re interested in!
Excellent.

I was hoping for one of the Hertling trousers if that's still possible. If not, a rivet or wilhelm chino would be fine too, although I'm not sure what the differences are between the rivet and wilhelm styles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads