• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here're my McCleans from the Nordstrom sale. I'm quite happy with them. I ended up going with size 8, even though I usually wear 8.5 or 9.

I thought about buying these last month during the sale but they only came in brown and I really wanted black. Ended up with a pair of full price black 1000 mile boots

IMAG0459_zpsqesr8eh7.jpg

Last edited:

nevereast

Reaction score

No problem.  I got the Krause boot 1) because of it's looks (love the contrast stiching with the black leather) and 2) because I wanted to see what the Dublin leather was all about.  I haven't really decided how much I like it for a pair of boots.  As I mentioned, it's a very supple leather, which is sort of a good thing.  I like the texture of it except for how it creases behind the toe cap.  It can have the tendency to get very wrinkly.  Since it's a waxed leather, I figured there would be no problem bringing it to a shine, and it is fairly easy...... but I debated about shining up the toe caps or not.  Ultimately, I decided that it's more of a dressy style than a casual style..... but is still by far not a "dress boot".  It's something of a work boot last that looks more military in a way.

I guess I think it looks pretty sharp with the toes shined up and the rest of the boot left with the natural soft luster.

The heel is a little blocky, and I've often thought that a smaller heel on resole would do wonders for it as well.

I know that Allen Edmonds recommends their leather lotion for the shoes and boots that they sell using the same Horween Dublin Leather, so my recommendation on the AE Lotion is more from Allen Edmonds website rather than anything I heard anywhere else.

Ben

Piccssssss

kpag

Reaction score
I have a newb question here. I bought a pair of 1K boots a couple years back. I wore them for a few weeks and decided I wanted to "protect" the leather sole and had a local shoe repair shop throw a thin half sole on. It's the same thing you'd put on a dress shoe. They're slippery as hell in any inclement weather and just aren't right for the boot. I'd now like to add a lug sole.Can a cobbler take the old half sole off or will he need to install all new soles to put on the lug sole? Also any recommendation for a good sole? I don't need any crazy huge lugs, just looking for extra grip when trudging through the elements.

milw50717

Reaction score

I have a newb question here. I bought a pair of 1K boots a couple years back. I wore them for a few weeks and decided I wanted to "protect" the leather sole and had a local shoe repair shop throw a thin half sole on. It's the same thing you'd put on a dress shoe. They're slippery as hell in any inclement weather and just aren't right for the boot. I'd now like to add a lug sole.Can a cobbler take the old half sole off or will he need to install all new soles to put on the lug sole? Also any recommendation for a good sole? I don't need any crazy huge lugs, just looking for extra grip when trudging through the elements.

A decent cobbler should be able to get the half sole off.

Have a look at this - http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.php?p=4146554&postcount=358

ClassAct

Reaction score
Can anyone possibly help me out here?

I wear Red Wings in size 7.5/8. I got the 1Ks in size 7.5 and they come up large. There's almost an inch space infront of my toe and I have to tie them up quite tight. The width seems to be okay though. There is some heel slippage.

Would be grateful if someone could explain this strange sizing. Are these boots just not meant for me or should I size down to a 7?

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score

I wear Red Wings in size 7.5/8. I got the 1Ks in size 7.5 and they come up large. There's almost an inch space infront of my toe and I have to tie them up quite tight. The width seems to be okay though. There is some heel slippage.

Would be grateful if someone could explain this strange sizing. Are these boots just not meant for me or should I size down to a 7?

Sure sounds like you should size down to a 7.

ClassAct

Reaction score
I'm worried that they would be too narrow if I size down to a 7... I can't get anywhere near a store to try them on unfortunately.

In the pair that I have, if I put in an insole and wear thick socks, they seem to fit a bit better but still not snug enough.

Am I better off sending them back or is this normal for some?

Last edited:

kentyman

Reaction score
I'm worried that they would be too narrow if I size down to a 7... I can't get anywhere near a store to try them on unfortunately.

In the pair that I have, if I put in an insole and wear thick socks, they seem to fit a bit better but still not snug enough.

Am I better off sending them back or is this normal for some?

Nordstrom has free shipping both ways, so you could try a 7 that way.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I normally wear a size 10 and had to get a size 9. Even the 9.5 was waaay too big

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads