• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay thank you. I guess another issue is that I am kind of annoyed with so much toe room. I get boots are roomy, but the 8s were definitely more roomy than I expected. Is there a way to shrink the toe room with insoles or anything? I'm just thinking there is way too much room in my toes. Thank you for your help.

Forward no. For the width socks and an insole can help.

gfloridafan93

Reaction score

Forward no. For the width socks and an insole can help.

Will I get used to the extra toe room? I think I am going to try the 7.5 to see where the foot pressure is and how they fit before I make a final decision. It doesn't hurt to try them out. Thank you for your replies. I can't wait to wear these boots.

loug

Reaction score
Will I get used to the extra toe room? I think I am going to try the 7.5 to see where the foot pressure is and how they fit before I make a final decision. It doesn't hurt to try them out. Thank you for your replies. I can't wait to wear these boots.
Bunch up some newspaper put into the toe of the boot and hike on. Read about this being done back in the day.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thing I don't think about - space in the toe of my boots.
Thing I do think about - no space in the toe of my boots.

Thought I'd throw these products out there so you guys can obsess for a few hundred pages...

lefty

Jdub6

Reaction score
Shout out to Haberdash. Received some defective 1000 milers and they were more than accommodating. All the best to their shop.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MM730

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a late comer from HK and would like to get a pair of 1k mile boot.
But HK is lack of showroom and I would like to have the colour which near to my RW Beckman cigar colour showing below...
What colour will you guys recommend ? Brown , Rust or Cordovan No.8??

WICaniac

Reaction score
I can't that you will get used to the extra toe room--but you should. Functional (e.g. hunting, hiking, army) boots should leave you enough room to wiggle and scrunch your toes. Having worn each of the kind of boots I have described for weeks on end and walked up to 25 miles a day in them, I can attest that a little extra room is far preferable to not enough.

Last edited:

00bam

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the supposedly 1 month old boots bonedout posted above look way more deep brown with no hints of red, while my brand new Wolverine Browns below look less brown and have a much stronger reddish hue? (I put them next to Clark's Desert Boots in Beeswax for reference. No flash was used.)

yea how come they do seem more brown??

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone, I am a late comer from HK and would like to get a pair of 1k mile boot. But HK is lack of showroom and I would like to have the colour which near to my RW Beckman cigar colour showing below... What colour will you guys recommend ? Brown , Rust or Cordovan No.8??
I'm thinking Rust would be the closest.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pair number 4 on the way. I decided to get a pair of the Latham desert boots for Summer use.

Our W rep is stopping by with Fall 2014 1Ks. If there's a nice USA made wingtip shoe in the lineup I'll be in trouble.

Our Danner rep stopped by and dropped off some catalogs and I guess they have a heritage line. We'll be carrying those in short order along with the normal lineup.

Oh and if you're on the fence about picking up a pair of 1Ks on the current special now would be a good time to make a decision. I'm killing it tomorrow and who knows when I'll run a special again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads