• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Mr M

Reaction score
As mention earlier by allday, the marked area will actually mold to the form of the toe bones. Here is mine just after polishing today. Btw the boots are comfortable from day 1. Cordovan 8.

ihatesundays

Reaction score
would you guys consider this as a defect? the inner part of the left boot, it was stitched too close to the edge and i am worried it will tear after multiple wears and when it stretches.

compared to the other boot where theres plenty of material:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except better because they're not Ronaldcore with a massive bulbous toe, and also have hooks at top.
cool.gif

loug

Reaction score

After wearing them for a couple hours I've gotten used to the 8.5's but my main concern is if this part of the boot eventually stretches out so it stops digging into the top of my toe's when I bend to walk. I uploaded a pic to show what I'm describing.

Had the same problem with the top digging into the top of the toes. Loosening them a good bit eliminated the problem. Read somewhere if there is pain in the top of the foot the laces are too tight.

milw50717

Reaction score

Except better because they're not Ronaldcore with a massive bulbous toe, and also have hooks at top. :cool:

I prefer the 1Ks to the current Beckman in a number of ways - softer leather, CXL looks better when scuffed, speed hooks, etc. Don't get me wrong, I still love the RW 9011, and I do own a pair, but wish they had stuck with using CXL (boots were then called Gentleman Travellers) instead of switching to their own featherstone leather (boots now called Beckmans).

Not sure what the ronaldcore means, ronaldcorps maybe ?

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ronald McDonald; clown shoes.

The bulbous toe of Red Wings never grew on me. I thought it looked terrible under my pants always.

I go back and forth on if I prefer all eyelets or speedhooks; I find it's quicker to tie all-eyelets boots with long enough laces that don't come out when loosened.

I much preferred the commando-like sole on the Beckman's.

My W1K's are at the local shoe repair getting commando rubber and heel put on the original sole; who knows how that'll work out. Dude didn't have much in the way of sole replacements. Dah well.

I actually really, really like the SB Foot leathers. I like the now-ubiquitous CXL, too, but the SB Foot leathers seem more rugged and true to work-boots. The copper rough & tough looked amazing, too; more character than natty CXL IMO (blasphemous?). One of these days I'll get around to buying some Red Wing moc-toe's...

The W1K's still are more comfortable than just about anything I own, though.

loug

Reaction score
Added some black Corcoran 10" non steel toed jump boots to the collection today. The ones with Vibram rubber lugged soles. Walked about two miles to the store and they are more comfy then my 1K's. Taking forever to break in the thicker leather the1K's are made with.

malaysian

Reaction score
I know this may some dumb, so pardon me for asking this. I'm new to Wolverines, or any other boots as a matter of fact.
Just bought a pair of 1000miles in brown the other day and recently used Heavy Duty LP on them and now they lost their golden brown look and looks to a more darker monotone brown color. Will this shade of brown stay forever or will it lighten up slightly or something? Any way I can brighten them up?

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will lighten up slightly as they dry, and they won't look quite so monotone once they get some wear on them. But the truth is they are going to darken over time no matter what. 1ks get better with age; have faith.
thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered 2 pairs of Wolverine 1k Mile boots in size 9 and 8.5. I normally wear size 9.5 on vans and sneakers and I wear size 9 on other shoes such as chucks and Palladium Boots.
I was recommended Costco Kirkland Merino Wool Hiking Socks and so I bought them and they are very comfortable so I plan on wearing them with my boots. If I wear thinner socks with either size I feel they are uncomfortable.
That being said I have a problem with my Wolverine boots:
Size 9 seems to be slightly too long with slight heel slippage with a lot of toe room, enough to wiggle up and down without touching the top. My foot is still secure to the point where it's not slipping everywhere but I do notice the extra space.
Size 8.5 seems about right but the bottom of the tongue digs into the top of my toes and the sides seem to be a bit too snug and poke the corner of my feet to the point after 30 minutes of wear it feels like my feet need to breathe. There's just enough toe room but I can't wiggle freely as much I can with the size 9's.
So my question: Have any of you experienced this with these boots? Could I reasonably expect the snug areas to stretch out enough to be comfortable after a couple weeks of wear? Or should I keep the size 9's and be safe with the extra room and maybe buy something to insert inside?
Let me get this straight. The 9s feel comfortable with no foot pain at all. The 8.5s are snug and hurt your feet. And they hurt before your feet swell from walking or standing on your feet all day correct? Your complaint is a roomy toe box and slight heel slippage which by the way is exactly how a workboot is supposed to fit. You already answered your own question so why are you insisting that the smaller size is about right?

allday

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. The 9s feel comfortable with no foot pain at all. The 8.5s are snug and hurt your feet. And they hurt before your feet swell from walking or standing on your feet all day correct? Your complaint is a roomy toe box and slight heel slippage which by the way is exactly how a workboot is supposed to fit. You already answered your own question so why are you insisting that the smaller size is about right?

The main problem I have with the 8.5's when I walk and bend my foot the leather creases and digs into the top part of my toes whereas the 9's are so roomy it barely comes near hitting my feet, I have to try to wiggle my toes as much as I can just to hit the roof of the toe box. All in all the 8.5's fit me better if this problem will eventually stretch and go away and the 9's are just safe because they are really big, but I'm just concerned since pretty much 90% of everyone went 1/2 size down. Did you stay TTS or did you go half a size down?

milw50717

Reaction score

Tight jeans cutting off blood supply .....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo