• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look great. Anyone have them?

http://www.onthefly.com/product/wolverine/ascot-boot/27792

Wolverine-Ascot-Boot-02.jpg

Wolverine-Ascot-Boot-01.jpg

img56340530.jpg

Last edited:

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am a 9D on the Brannock and sold my 8's in the B&S because they were too small. Get your foot measured, that is your true size. Size down 1/2 from that. I don't know about the rest of this advice here but some people might be sizing down from sneaker size which is totally wrong. Others might be sizing down from Brannock, IDK. All I know is I wouldn't size down more than 1/2 if you are D width on a brannock. For me, 9D = 8.5 Wolverine. I'm also 8.5D Alden True Balance.

I am right on the line of 11B/C Brannock, and reckon I could've even sized down 1.5 as I said above, but good advice nevertheless. I guess the general rule is the wider your foot, the less you can go down.

Brattman

Reaction score

I have the Ascot. I really like the look and silhouette, but I will mention a very minor quality control issue I've experienced with them: I've found that over time (I've had them a bit less than a year), some of the stitching has relaxed to the point of pulling out ever so slightly. It hasn't effected the structure of the boot yet, but in time I may need to take it to a cobbler to clean things up.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ascot and the other lines aren't built as well as the 1000 mile boots proper.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have these as well. Decent boots and they've got a nice shape once broken in. I don't like the half rubber/really plasticky leather sole thing, I'll probably go have these re-soled with a proper leather sole in the near future. I got 'em with 25-30% off from Revolve, I wouldn't pay anywhere near full price for these things.

Filipe

Reaction score
Can you recommend me some leather conditioner I can easily buy in the UK? I could probably get Obenauf through Amazon.com but I would rather buy something that I can easily find in the Europe.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW I just wanted to say Thank you for the responses about my sizing Question. I decided to grab the Dark Brown 1000s in only a half size smaller (11 1/2) due to my semi-wide feet. I'll keep you guys updated on my impressions.

Will probably be fine. The 1000 miles are pretty forgiving IMHO.

Quantimil

Reaction score
Do you think the Addison in black could be worn with something dressier than denim? I'm not talking about a suit, because that wouldn't obviously work, but cords, flannels, tweeds, or a crombie coat.

ftorres

Reaction score
Torn between wolverine 1000 miles black wingtip and the normal plain toe, any opinions? Paring with jeans if that matters.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ascot comments.

Any advice to share on the Wolverine Ascot sizing?

Brattman

Reaction score

Thanks for the ascot comments.

Any advice to share on the Wolverine Ascot sizing?

I went with a 9.5, which is 1/2 a size smaller than I wear in Clark's Desert Boots. They fit me well.

black coffee

Reaction score
do these have any padding in the footbeds or are they as hard as gentleman travelers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads