Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

They have padding and are quite comfortable. my Beckman's (aka GTs from what I understand) were the J-Crew ones which were complete bitches to break in. (my feet hurt for like 2 weeks)

2. black coffee

black coffee Member

ok so one person tells me they have padding and another person tells me they dont. id reallllly hate to spend 320 bucks on a pair of boots that dont work for me.

3. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

Checked my pair of 1000s they have a half leather insole just for the heel that isn't that bad.

For a really great pair of comfortable boots I'd recommend the Alden Indy 405 (they are orthotic boots). They are a little more expensive at 435 @ Theshoemart.com but they are my most comfortable pair of boots I own. They come in a variety of styles and leathers. Also, unless you are extremely lazy (or just take weeks before you can decide on if you like the boots or not) you realize they offer return service for boots right? Just try them on and walk around the house a little bit. See if you like them and see how they feel and if they don't work out then return. It's easy.

4. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

I definitely wouldn't call this a "padded" insole. It's a strip of leather glued over the midsole. If the RW GT's insole was causing you problems you'll probably run into the same problem with the Wolverine's. Just stick a Profoot insole or something in there and you'll be good. [​IMG]

5. black coffee

black coffee Member

what do you mean orthopedic? do they have any type of support or just flat? what about padding? if you have a picture that would be awesome, i actually checked into these and if they are more comfortable than the wolverines i probably wouldnt have a problem buying these.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

There is no insole in the shoes. You would have to add an orthotic/insole to have padding.

7. ADDIC

ADDIC Well-Known Member

ok so i finally ordered some montana pitch blend. i also want to apply some sno seal as well. if using both isnt a bad idea, my questions are, which should i apply first? and how long should i wait before i apply the other product?

8. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Which MPB product, the oil and/or dressing ?
    - The dressing is going to be more water resistant than the oil.

What is the weather like in your part of the world ?
    - This and the amount of wear will generally dictate the frequency of application of the products, not that there are any hard and fast rules about this.

Even in pretty wet environments I think you will be OK with frequent applications of the dressing with no need for sno seal.

9. ADDIC

ADDIC Well-Known Member

Probably should have mentioned it in my previous but the dressing. And I live in Southern California so obviously not harsh weather. These boots are so damn gorgeous, I just want to protect them ha. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

I think you'll be just fine with the dressing.

11. BlueMalloc

BlueMalloc New Member

I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Wolverine 1000 miles, and I'm really happy with them so far.

However I want to both waterproof them as much as possible for an upcoming wet Pacific Northwest winter, and I also want to take good care of the leather as I expect to own these for some time.

So a similar question as ADDIC's above: Can I both use a product like Sno Seal for general waterproofing, and then something like Obenaufs Heavy Duty LP for general leather care as needed? Is this redundant?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

12. BlueMalloc

BlueMalloc New Member

I should have clarified: I'm not afraid of using Sno Seal per se, just wondering if using Sno Seal and another conditioning product like Obenauf is overkill or ill advised.

13. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

not sure if this has been posted already but APC x Wolverine ....i dont notice much of a difference

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2011/09/25/a-p-c-x-wolverine-1000-mile-boots/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

14. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

I think it would be overkill to use the two products together.

I'm an Obernauf's user, so let me point you at this post regarding Obernauf's LP in snowy conditions. I would imagine that Sno Seal will be just as good.