1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

To summarise, the size 8.5 felt a little too big, the size 8 were too tight, so you ordered a size 9, but think that the size 8 would work best ?

Given you measure approx. 8.75 and your past experiences I'd think that 8.5 would be the way to go. A little too big is going to be better than too small as you can use thicker socks and/or insoles.

2. 19BigMike77

19BigMike77 Member

To each his own. Wear them proudly my man!

Your joke idea of parking a car on the 1000 Mile to get them to look like this may not be very far from the truth though. [​IMG]

3. TaperedGent

TaperedGent Well-Known Member

I looked at those about 10 times before deciding to go with rust instead.

4. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

I'm gonna return these. Trying to get some Allen Edmonds on eBay for cheap. If I don't get them, I have to decide between AE Daltons and the Wolverine 1K (leaning towards the Wolverine since they'll be worn a lot, and the speed hooks will be very useful).

Also considering some Thorogoods, but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I suspect an 8.5 or 9 would work best. going down basically one full size from your measured size has been very problematic with these boots. Of course this is predicated on the fact that your foot was properly measured with the device. I wrote an extensive article on how to get the size right with these boots.

http://cranesboots.com/getting-right-size/

6. TaperedGent

TaperedGent Well-Known Member

I almost bought the Dalton, but I have the 1000 mile Winchester's in brown so it seemed kinda redundant for me.

7. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

Picked up some Bayfields for 142.50 so I'm pretty pumped. Gonna need the commando sole for the snow here so it works out.

Still want to get some Wolverine 1000s in the future though if STP has their seconds on sale again.

8. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

It's on now, they went up about 30 minutes ago, perhaps they'll restock. Plus tonight there was a 50% promotion, so $125 for seconds through STP, not too shabby.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  9. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

That would be amazing. Seems like the sale happens pretty frequently though, every few months. The AEs should be enough to get me through Winter hopefully. Not gonna be slogging through too much snow.

10. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

11. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

Sierra Trading Post

1 person likes this.
  12. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

Stone Temple Pilots

Also Sierra Trading Post

13. Potato Flu

Potato Flu Active Member

I have a pair of the plain toe Wolverine 1000 mile boots and I recently purchased a pair of the Courtland boots (seconds from Sierra Trading Post). I purchased the same size as my plain toe size. The Courtland boots are really uncomfortable with a really high arch area. Is that normal? My plain toes, which I've had for a year, are much flatter.

14. chupas

chupas Senior member

MOTHER $#@%

[​IMG]

Maybe seven hours of wear. Beware STP seconds I guess.

15. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

ROFL. At least STP will take them back. They have pretty good customer service. Maybe Wolverine will warranty them?

16. chupas

chupas Senior member

Is this a repair a cobbler could handle fairly easily? I'd rather bug STP to reimburse me for a (maybe?) cheap and easy repair than send them back and wait for a refund/wait for them to be restocked. Unless it points to deeper issues with the 2nds or something...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  17. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

I didn't mean to laugh. Honest. But that "MOTHER $#@%" caught me off guard

18. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

I am pretty sure it could be fixed easily, but I would try Wolverine first. I imagine they're still covered.

That said, the people on Slickdeals raved about the 2nds. They rarely had any major blemishes.

19. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

A cobbler can fix that pretty easily.

With seconds it is a crap shoot as to what the problems can be - blemish to leather, bad stitching, weak batch of glue/cement, etc, etc.

20. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

Seconds are supposed to be "cosmetic defects"

That's way out of line for seconds