1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Either way will work

2. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

They are boots. Just wear them

3. SlvrDragon50

SlvrDragon50 Member

I would just like to protect my investment as I am a graduate student and want these to last all 8 years I'm up here in the north.

How necessary is the polishing? I had a bunch of stuff I left at home, but I forgot to bring it with me. Can it wait 2 months before getting polished?

4. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Not necessary at all. Some boots never see any polish only conditioner.

5. Jude188

Jude188 New Member

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some information on this pair of boots? They seem quite different to most 1000 miles I've seen. Especially the lack of metal eyelets or speed hooks.
    [​IMG]

6. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

Just picked up my two year old boots from the local cobbler, had a Vibram half sole and heel put on. I'm really happy with the job. All ready for fall/winter now.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. bigchelis

bigchelis Active Member

I have owned a pair for under a year. I have worn my Wolverine 1000's at least 5 days a week with the exemption of a day or two with cowboy boots. I already had to change the sole because the factory one wore out completely.

These are the most abused boots I know anybody puts their shoes through. Yet, they still get used for casual outings and my desk day job.

Abused on farm, home construction, home logging work, auto repair work, camping, hiking, dog parks, ect....

As beat to heck they look awesome still: I used the Obenauf Oil for the dark look.

[​IMG]

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

9. rabiesinfrance

rabiesinfrance Senior member

Deleted

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  10. klatekin

klatekin Member

What's up fellas?
    My first two pairs of Wolverine 1000 miles are on the way and can someone tell me on what some essential products to get before my first wear?
    I know I need to treat them before I wore them but not sure what products and where to buy?
    I need a horsehair brush? shoe polish? and water-resistant seals?
    Got a pair in brown and a pair in black
    Thanks in advance

11. bigchelis

bigchelis Active Member

I got Olbenauf oil to make my Brown a deeper brown, plus it protects them. My Brown Filson belt is pitch dark, so I made them match best I could. I also use the Olbenauf cream once a month to shine and protect the boots since I live in an Orchard and visit a horse ranch a couple times a week with my 1000's

I use a Walmart purchased horse hair brush. Simple and cheap and it works. I use it daily since I always get tons of sand on them.

Wear the hell out of them, I broke mine in hiking and Smartwool socks rock with them.

Best,
    bigC

12. klatekin

klatekin Member

Thanks BigC
    Think I'm gonna start with some basic conditioner and horsehair brush and go from there.

13. 19BigMike77

19BigMike77 Member

What a great thread!

I heeded the warnings and ordered a 1/2 size down.
    The boots are simply Amazing, but still a bit large/long.
    Have a size 11, need a size 10.5.

Only wore them one time (20 min)
    I made the mistake of wearing them to the grocery store. Now I cant return them (sole marks)

So now I am faced with the joy of selling my pair at a loss, so I can purchase another pair in the right size.
    Extremely bummed out over this.

Any way, I have this "as-new" Brown pair of Wolverine 11D 1000 Mile Boots for sale.
    Got them straight from the Factory, so they are NOT 2nds. (I hate 2nds)

I need $275 so I don't get too pissed off at myself for all the money I wasted buying the wrong size.
    Again,.....super bummed out.

I will cover the shipping.......GULP! [​IMG]

Not sure how this works.
    Either reply to this post or maybe contact me via Private message???

Thanks a Million! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good news!

I sent a sob story along with photos of the light wear to the company.

They agreed to exchange them and waive the restocking and return shipping costs!!

Outstanding!!

Sending them out today with a grin.

Awesome!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. Keller

Keller Senior member

Great offer, I wish they were my size

15. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

Wore my boots today with the new soles, nice and comfy. Glad I made the change!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  16. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

3 cheers for sob stories

17. klatekin

klatekin Member

I went a full size down from my AE Strands, hopefully it won't be too small.

18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Oh I beat these boots to death. Have been for the last five years. I even wet wade with them and they just keep on going. A little brushing, saddle soap, boot oil and they're ready for another round.

19. Keller

Keller Senior member

I ordered the 1000 mile boot in color 8, I am looking forward, I think this color works great in the 1000 mile boot

20. karanimal

karanimal Well-Known Member

I've had my black rockfords for about a year now, heres a recent pic

[​IMG]

For me, the blacks dont look that great broken in and worn IMO, i have a pair of tan 1ks coming in today which are my favourite pair with a patina.

I really miss the first few wears with my black pair, the canadian winter was not kind to them

[​IMG]