1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. nevereast

nevereast Senior member

Well I wouldn't compare them to year old leather soles. Those break in and form to your feet differently

Keep in mind the courtlands are not leather soled, but rubber half sole stitched to the welt

Mine took a bit more breaking in than my originals (which took none)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. djwoblely

djwoblely Senior member

I had the rust 1000 mile and ended up selling them. The color was too similar to my indy boots. I felt it was too wardrobe redundant

3. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

Thanks, think I'll do the same. On a side note, received the Indy's, damn they are comfortable right out of the box.

4. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

I wore Wolverines for a year then bought a pair of Indys. I suppose if I had both pairs brand new side by side I wouldn't have kept both, but by the time my Indys showed up the 1Ks had already been oiled and worn and had shifted color. The Aldens are worn for style and for crappy weather days, while the Wolverines get truly worked in and go through the real crap. Anyways, that being said, even though the colors are similar I believe the looks are so completely different that there's a place for both in your closet.

5. MichaelKnight

MichaelKnight Well-Known Member

I can also exchange as they are unworn but past the refund date. What are the thoughts on the tan Addison? I'm not sure what I think about them. I already have some black Iron Rangers.

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Seconds aren't covered under Wolverine's warranty. You buy them it's all on you more or less.

7. chupas

chupas Senior member

Yeah I chatted with a Wolverine rep and that's what they told me. It sounds like STP will cover the cost of the repair, as long as it's not crazy high. Just need to send them the bill and wait for approval.

On a different note, the cobbler I took them to also offered to do the Vibram half soles for $45. If I was back home in the Midwest I can see the logic of doing this, but if I live near the beach in CA this is probably overkill, right? I think it's drizzled like twice in the ~6 months I' lived here, so I can't imagine leather soles being an issue, or longevity being terribly impacted.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  8. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

I paid $55 for the vibram half sole and heels. Would have been 35 for half sole only. Seems like a good price but probably not needed at all for California weather

9. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Consider putting topy (or similar) rubber coverings on the soles. Will provide better grip, plus easier and cheaper to replace than leather soles.

10. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Very true. Sidewalks are pretty brutal on a sole. My Vibram half sole job runs about 30 bucks. A leather resole is a C note. Kind of a no brainer really.

11. natels

natels Member

Got a second pair of 1Ks in the Tan colorway. I treated them with Sno-Seal and conditioned them after. I have two days of wearing them and the right shoe is creasing a lot different than I saw in the first pair and different than the left boot of this pair. I'm not pleased with how it looks cosmetically, wondering if I should either go back to the Wolverine store or suck it up and just wear them through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

Those look fine. They're boots and they're meant to be worn.

13. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Truth. That creasing is no thang.

14. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

you need to return those boots PRONTO and raise some serious shit with Wolverine! ain't now way, and no how should two separate boots that are worn on two separate feet be creasin' up in anything but a symmetrical pattern. those are some jacked up boots, man! I still can't figure out why Wolverine can't get their creasiness act together and get some symmetry going on!

15. Solomite81

Solomite81 Well-Known Member

Anybody got a pair of the new prestwicks?? Thoughts??? Looks great!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

16. swoops

swoops Active Member

I'm really interested in seeing how those new prestwicks look on some feet. The brown ones look incredible.

17. gfloridafan93

gfloridafan93 Senior member

I recently added insoles to my boots. Now, the toe vamp is smashing down on my foot. Is there anything I can do about this other than take the insoles out?

18. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

Just try one of those half insoles in the heel.

19. Solomite81

Solomite81 Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to stock some of those brown Prestwicks at my shop!!! Will let you guys know whether they are getting other's attention.
    Definately caught my eye!!!

20. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Wore a pair of my wolverines today. It's been a while. I'm always surprised at how much smaller they look to me than other boots I own. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.