• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up some black jim's today so will post a review once i get some wear in them. needed some go-to comfy shorts for runs and working out ... gotta get rid of my pudge from late night meals and beer lol

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
May we please discuss, nicely a way to have a long lasting referral system. Every app I have looked into sucks. Most apps compatable with "shopify" want a 2% to 5% commision plus upfront money. I don't want to rasie prices anymore than the new prices currently are.
I really want the referral system to happen.

The "Abrams" tank top and the "Nero" crew neck go live in a couple days. In the "Felice" I have ecru launching for the first time. In Caligula there is a restock in black and I made a sick ass navy blue.
U-necks are dropping next week.

I have purchased the yarn for heavy weight Caligulas and Yummy fabric. The heavy wieght bamboo sorona is custom made just for me just like the 135gr. the heavy weight is clocking in around 275gr.
The yummy fabric is 50% supima cotton and 50% micromodal. It's crazy soft.
This go around I will make both long and short sleeve.

Novelty fabric such as wool blends will start dropping in September. I have some sick ass sweater for rewards members.
That's about it. Thank you for the support!

psychodealer

Reaction score
That sounds amazing. Especially the longsleeve Caligulas and potential sweaters. One question though. I vaguely remember you mentioning something about making jeans from earlier this year. Are you going to do that in the near future?

ptr1988

Reaction score
May we please discuss, nicely a way to have a long lasting referral system. Every app I have looked into sucks. Most apps compatable with "shopify" want a 2% to 5% commision plus upfront money. I don't want to rasie prices anymore than the new prices currently are.
I really want the referral system to happen.

The "Abrams" tank top and the "Nero" crew neck go live in a couple days. In the "Felice" I have ecru launching for the first time. In Caligula there is a restock in black and I made a sick ass navy blue.
U-necks are dropping next week.

I have purchased the yarn for heavy weight Caligulas and Yummy fabric. The heavy wieght bamboo sorona is custom made just for me just like the 135gr. the heavy weight is clocking in around 275gr.
The yummy fabric is 50% supima cotton and 50% micromodal. It's crazy soft.
This go around I will make both long and short sleeve.

Novelty fabric such as wool blends will start dropping in September. I have some sick ass sweater for rewards members.
That's about it. Thank you for the support!

Are you planning to restock the Caligula shirt in "Natural" color. Also I live in the DC area... do you have a store or do you mainly sale online only?. Thanks.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Ok, totally half-baked idea for a referral: in the 'notes' section of an order, a new customer (never ordered before) can enter 'referred by <email of an existing customer>'. Once the it's been established that the referring customer exists (email address is on file with at least one order) and that the new customer is actually new (not a doppelgänger of an existing customer under a new email), the new customer gets a partial refund, maybe $5 on a $50 order, $10 on a $100 order. When the referring customer places their next order, they get the same $5 of $50 or $10 of$100 deal.

The verification part is going to be a pain, though, particularly if the volumes are pretty high.

plato

Reaction score
^ perhaps double check that the shipping addresses are not the same name/place...? But what about college (or post college) roommates?

orfane

Reaction score
Should be able to at least semi-automate checking the emails. Not sure how discount codes are generated but you could make it that if someone makes an account through a referral link they get a $5 off code or something, and the person who sent the link gets something added to their account.

I'm not sure though if the issue comes from Mauro needs ideas to implement, or help with the implication part

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Should be able to at least semi-automate checking the emails. Not sure how discount codes are generated but you could make it that if someone makes an account through a referral link they get a $5 off code or something, and the person who sent the link gets something added to their account.

I'm not sure though if the issue comes from Mauro needs ideas to implement, or help with the implication part

Mauro mentioned earlier that Shopify takes a cut any time there's a $ off or % off coupon involved. Not sure if it's the same with an account credit.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course I left out the code for the non-rewards members newsletter today. The code is "Abrams". If someone would post to reddit that would be amazing.

I don't have many sweathsirts and sweatshorts left. I have a fair amount of everything else. Thanks so much!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mauro - I wanted to order some items, but I'm leaving on a trip Thursday evening. Not sure they'll make it to Cali in time - better to add a note asking you to delay shipping?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mauro - I wanted to order some items, but I'm leaving on a trip Thursday evening. Not sure they'll make it to Cali in time - better to add a note asking you to delay shipping?
Yes, please leave a note.

taint it sweet

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any suggestions about referral. I keep telling people about WvG and I know a few have started buying now. Not sure if they've become members though. Any plans for conversationals?

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw that beepbop u neck pic and got interested in trying them out. if we did the tote thing way back when does that carry over into the new reward program?

mookiej

Reaction score
saw that beepbop u neck pic and got interested in trying them out. if we did the tote thing way back when does that carry over into the new reward program?
It should. If you remember your old tote coupon code, it should work still. Otherwise if you contact Mauro I'm sure he will set you straight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads