• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter boots that aren't ugly

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rockket
http://www.sorel.com/1964-Premium™-T-|-010-|-7/803298485609,default,pd.html

nm1560_sorel_1964_premium_t_048_2.jpg

thinking about springing for these - anyone reviews? any idea if i can wear these without tucking a pair of 501s into them?

"springing?" yes, go ahead please.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wangvicous
A dainite sole is the greatest thing ever for that.

No. danite soles suck in the snow. They are fine for very light snow...but when there is ice, or wet/slushy snow, its like wearing ice skates.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
jet those are ******* horrendous

I like them.

swisschalet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i don't normally say things like this but

i ******* hate this worthless ****

Why are you such a woman hating misogynist? You're just trying to hold women down through the patriarchy.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cromagged
not to go off-topic but does anyone know anything about oooold palladiums? any knowledge to share?
thanks

theres a basic bio on the site, but heres a quick synopsis: started as a tire company and then provided footwear to the french army.
now it is the official boot of the Israeli army.
i have seen a pair of old palladiums in person and they are quite nice/great character to them. they were the sand colour. it was from israel apparently.
anybody in TO thats been to klaxon howl, matt has them in his personal collection
worship.gif

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dshin
No. danite soles suck in the snow. They are fine for very light snow...but when there is ice, or wet/slushy snow, its like wearing ice skates.

I've never had any problems in any conditions you would find in a bigger city. Going hiking in them is a bad idea though.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with vicious wang.
Dainite is fine in a city-- if you want to not slip on ice, you're going to have to wear metal cleats.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
I agree with vicious wang.
Dainite is fine in a city-- if you want to not slip on ice, you're going to have to wear metal cleats.

I live in MI and we get a decent amt of snow. I have 3-4 pairs of shoes with danite soles and like I posted earlier, they are fine in light snow. But when there is any decent amt of accumulation, or slush, they slip like crazy.

I bought 2 boots for the winter.
#1: Paraboot Avoriaz:
575020c0.JPG

#2: Danner for Jcrew. Took advantage of the 30% off sales item coupon...so scored these for under $200.
danner_jcrew_1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads