1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wurlwyde, Jul 19, 2010.

1. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

The down jacket and vest look fantastic. If my size is available when they're marked down 50-60% I might be able to make a run at them [​IMG]

I think this FW season looks great overall. I would have preferred wooden buttons on the cowichan knits instead of zippers though, and I really wish they would pattern match the shirt pockets instead of cutting them on an angle, but I like the flannel offerings.

Has anyone handled the wool chinos yet? Those are definitely calling my name.

I agree with you about the cowichans. The main problem is the knits stretch, but zipper tape never does.

We've got the wool chinos in stock in Olive and Charcoal and they are amazing. The Olive ones in particular are awesome. Look almost like an old military blanket. If you need measurements or anything on them let me know.

2. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

just wanna ask guy/fahim,

is there any difference between the SS and AW offerings of the tiger hoodies? im confused with all the terry and tiger models.

thanks

3. bob99

bob99 Senior member

I picked up one of the crewneck T's last weekend. It was about $75 CDN. I tried it on in the store (size M) and the fit was good, but when I got it home I noticed that it's l-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng! I'm going to have to wear it tucked in, it's just too lengthy otherwise. I tried one of these on in the spring, maybe these fall models are longer?

Love the detailing under the arms.

4. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

You should measure the length down from the back of the collar as I'd like to know. I have two shirts coming and the length of their tees has been perfect so that may be disappointing. 25" or so is ideal for me.

5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

The down jacket and vest look fantastic. If my size is available when they're marked down 50-60% I might be able to make a run at them [​IMG] I think this FW season looks great overall. I would have preferred wooden buttons on the cowichan knits instead of zippers though, and I really wish they would pattern match the shirt pockets instead of cutting them on an angle, but I like the flannel offerings. Has anyone handled the wool chinos yet? Those are definitely calling my name.
    +1, the least they could've done was put a thinner color matched 2-way zipper, but why put a thick 1-way zipper on a stretchy sweater. Also +1 on the down jacket/vest, they look and feel great, I was surprised to see they're made in china though.

6. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

+1, the least they could've done was put a thinner color matched 2-way zipper, but why put a thick 1-way zipper on a stretchy sweater.

Also +1 on the down jacket/vest, they look and feel great, I was surprised to see they're made in china though.

Would love to see a pic of the charcoal wool chinos, I couldnt find one on your site or elsewhere online.

Really? I wonder what the reasoning is behind that? W+H has always made everything in Canada.

7. canstyleace

^ I know, trust me I was pretty surprised when I saw that in the tag, it's even mentioned at the bottom of product description here, http://www.rodengray.com/shop/Down-V...variantid=1747 Oh and RG has pics of the wool chinos, they do look great, might get the charcoal ones for myself.

8. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Just browsing Roden Gray, it seems they have moved much of their manufacturing to Japan. That down vest is the one piece that seems to be MIC.

9. canstyleace

10. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

[​IMG]

what do you think of this? I love the colour and i think it would make a nice warm jacket if your going somewhere indoor and dont need outerwear.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm diggin' that jacket too. Where did you find it?

12. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

[​IMG] They actually made a similar jacket for the FW09 capsule w/ Nom de Guerre (pictured above). It's pretty thin, but like all tiger fleece, the construction is impeccable and the fleece is so soft. Also, it fits REALLY slim, so you might need to size up.

13. auc2mic

auc2mic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

what do you think of this? I love the colour and i think it would make a nice warm jacket if your going somewhere indoor and dont need outerwear.

Looks a bit awkward without the hood IMO

14. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

I'm diggin' that jacket too. Where did you find it?

It's at Haven for about $150: LINK

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

^yeah, im waiting for a reply from them about the sizing. I am a little unsure about the collar still, i prefer the one you posted with the stand up collar. Could just buy the hoodie i guess but i get a bit bored of wearing hoodies.

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I can never find Haven. It's supposed to be in Gaoler's Mews in Blood Alley but fucked if I can see it no matter how many times I walk through that maze.

17. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

I can never find Haven. It's supposed to be in Gaoler's Mews in Blood Alley but fucked if I can see it no matter how many times I walk through that maze.
    Took me a while. IIRC it's where the B is on this map, where Gaoler's Mews hits Trounce Alley. It's super nondescript, it's right on the corner in a red brick building. Someone else might be able to give you better directions, and I could be wrong. That day was a whirlwind for me. Honestly though, wasn't that impressed with the offerings. Stuff was halfway between hardcore hypebeast streetwear and SF sw&d.

18. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

They don't have a sign or anything out front, if you're going north and take a right into the (second) alley, its the first door on the left.

19. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

I was thinking about purchasing a henley and a white button-down but I'm not sure if I should get a size s or xs? I usually get xs in almost any brand, but a worker at Nomad recommended me to get a small. They didn't have any left for me to try on, so that's why I'm asking here.

I'm 5'8 with a 34" chest if that helps [​IMG].

20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Think I'm finally gonna pull the trigger on the OCBD. Love the triple stiching detail this season.

From Haven's site, it looks like the sizing is consistent with last season--that is, running slightly larger than earlier seasons? The one time I tried one on, I was for sure and L and now the measurements indicate I'd take an M.