• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings and Horns FW 09

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
The more things I get to handle in person for this season, the more I am impressed. This is probably their strongest collection yet.

I have a cotton/cashmere piece on the way. I'll give the review when I get it.

+1

I agree. I thought I was only going to get one piece (box rib cardi) this season but after the first purchase I went and bought three other items. I love them all very much and hopefully they keep up this level of quality/construction/fit for the upcoming seasons.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Thanks BB1. A couple more questions...what kind of insole do the service boots have? Also, do you mind measuring your outsole for me? I need something around 11.25-11.5...I think 7.5 may be the ticket.
Outsole is about 12.5" on the size 8 boots, but the sole sticks out considerably from the front of the boot. I sent you a pm. I suspect your shoe size is a whole size smaller than mine since you say you can fit into JP size 8 and I wear JP 9. I have tried a JP size 8.5 and while I could get my foot into it, it hurt something terrible. Also, the size 8 W+H boots feel slightly big on me. I suspect 7.5 would be a better fit for myself even. Considering all this, I feel you probably need at least the size 7.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Outsole is about 12.5" on the size 8 boots, but the sole sticks out considerably from the front of the boot. I sent you a pm.

I suspect your shoe size is a whole size smaller than mine since you say you can fit into JP size 8 and I wear JP 9. I have tried a JP size 8.5 and while I could get my foot into it, it hurt something terrible.

Also, the size 8 W+H boots feel slightly big on me. I suspect 7.5 would be a better fit for myself even. Considering all this, I feel you probably need at least the size 7.

Yeah, I talked to some more guys and I believe 7 will be better.

cmsmith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
The more things I get to handle in person for this season, the more I am impressed. This is probably their strongest collection yet.

I have a cotton/cashmere piece on the way. I'll give the review when I get it.

Originally Posted by justtemple
+1

I agree. I thought I was only going to get one piece (box rib cardi) this season but after the first purchase I went and bought three other items. I love them all very much and hopefully they keep up this level of quality/construction/fit for the upcoming seasons.

+1 to these.

I originally was only after the henley and box-rib cardigan. Ended up passing on the henley, but got the cardigan, two-tone hoodie, and cash-cotton jersey. And I'm hoping to find the diamond knit henley somewhere...

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmsmith
+1 to these.

I originally was only after the henley and box-rib cardigan. Ended up passing on the henley, but got the cardigan, two-tone hoodie, and cash-cotton jersey. And I'm hoping to find the diamond knit henley somewhere...

How you like the cash-cotton jersey?

I'm contemplating getting the l/s crewneck in cash-cotton

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to these.

and I have a brand new diamond knit henley I'm about to send back to context, what size you looking for?

cmsmith

Reaction score
and I have a brand new diamond knit henley I'm about to send back to context, what size you looking for?

I took a large in the fleece hoodie and the box rib cardi, so I'd assume a large. I'm about 6'1 190lb

hnlax

Reaction score
this probably isn't news to anyone, but i picked up that box knit cardigan (which was my first wings+horns purchase) and was really surprised by the quality. granted, i've been getting into brands with better construction/materials slowly since i've gotten here, but after purchasing this, it becomes obvious why you pay more for this.

i'm used to cardigans being thin and losing shape, but this wings and horns one is incredible. the materials are great, and i'm just incredibly impressed with it.

cmsmith

Reaction score
How you like the cash-cotton jersey?

I'm contemplating getting the l/s crewneck in cash-cotton

Love it.

Fabric is great, I ended up sizing down on it compared to what I wore in the hoodie and the cardigan, because the fabric seemed like it would stretch a fair bit, and the large was really long I found (and I'm over 6'). Its streched out enough that it fits really nicely, it doesn't have a true shoulder seam on it, so I was able to wear the medium, whereas in the hoodie and cardi, I needed the L for the shoulders.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it.

Fabric is great, I ended up sizing down on it compared to what I wore in the hoodie and the cardigan, because the fabric seemed like it would stretch a fair bit, and the large was really long I found (and I'm over 6'). Its streched out enough that it fits really nicely, it doesn't have a true shoulder seam on it, so I was able to wear the medium, whereas in the hoodie and cardi, I needed the L for the shoulders.

You got a pm bro

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find the Diamond Henly in a size MEDIUM. Context is out
frown.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How are people actually fitting into these things with the posted shoulder measurements? I don't even have broad shoulders and I'd need to go to an XL on the box cardigan just to get something close to what I usually take in that department. The chest of the large sounds right, but the shoulders would make that likely really uncomfortable.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ignore the shoulder measurements. by the numbers i shouldnt have been able to fit in anything that I've picked up but they've all been spot on.

you'll want to size up one (large?) on the box rib.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52