• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Smith's style

marcus314

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've never had a great fashion sense b/c no one around me really did. On a daily basis, I 'dress down,' which can range from a little sloppy to just normal causal. Whenever there's something professional (work, events, etc.), I dress up in traditional ways. For example, business causal may be khakis w/ polo, whereas strict-business may be a conservative suit, white shirt, etc. My issue is that I have no 'middle' range. I'm looking to add to my wardrobe clothes that are fashionable, yet still has some sense of professionalism. I really love the style of Will Smith, but know nothing about dressing like him (I'm totally new to fashion).

Some links of what I mean are below:
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/im...12007_0001.jpg
http://blogs.bet.com/entertainment/w...-picture-1.jpg
http://www.celebnewswire.com/will%20...20it%20out.jpg

I have a few questions:
-Is there an official title that describes such a clothing style?
-What types of stores would be best (either online or physical stores)?
-Are there any other celebrities who have a similar style that I can look up?
-Does anyone have any general tips for achieving a look like this?
-Finally, I don't want to have to resort to copying similarities from someone else's outfit. Are there any good websites or books out there that can help me gain a better fashion sense (especially in light of dressing like Will Smith)?

Thanks for any and all help; I GREATLY appreciate it.

jsherman02

Reaction score
I like some of his looks..others are well
lol8[1].gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marcus314
Hello everyone,

I've never had a great fashion sense b/c no one around me really did. On a daily basis, I 'dress down,' which can range from a little sloppy to just normal causal. Whenever there's something professional (work, events, etc.), I dress up in traditional ways. For example, business causal may be khakis w/ polo, whereas strict-business may be a conservative suit, white shirt, etc. My issue is that I have no 'middle' range. I'm looking to add to my wardrobe clothes that are fashionable, yet still has some sense of professionalism. I really love the style of Will Smith, but know nothing about dressing like him (I'm totally new to fashion).

Some links of what I mean are below:
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/im...12007_0001.jpg
http://blogs.bet.com/entertainment/w...-picture-1.jpg
http://www.celebnewswire.com/will%20...20it%20out.jpg

I have a few questions:
-Is there an official title that describes such a clothing style?
-What types of stores would be best (either online or physical stores)?
-Are there any other celebrities who have a similar style that I can look up?
-Does anyone have any general tips for achieving a look like this?
-Finally, I don't want to have to resort to copying similarities from someone else's outfit. Are there any good websites or books out there that can help me gain a better fashion sense (especially in light of dressing like Will Smith)?

Thanks for any and all help; I GREATLY appreciate it.

I'm not a fan of what he's wearing in the three links above.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The daily activities of Mr. Will Smith, the actor, are recorded more effectively than that of an enemy agent all for our blasÃ
00a9.png
scrutiny.
Business social at a show business function. This is business casual for a lot of employers now. Very nice for a young man in one of the glamour industries. Note the dark shirt makes Mr. Smith more, almost too, dramatic. Casual attire for some PR date? Either lighten the shirt or darken the hat. One's attention moves from the hat, to the shirt, and only then the face. Nonetheless, a "clean cut" look for a young father on his day off. An impromptu show for mesmerized tourists? How would you like to have photographers follow you around all day? I would wear this if I were thinner... As an actual show business pop star, residing and conducting business in southern California, Mr. Smith's attire is outstanding.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am no proponent of whatever 'style' might be attributed to Will Smith, but it seems to me that simply keeping up with GQ will do the trick.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Doesn't he call it "Big Willy Style"?

Thank you! I was hoping someone would say this, sparing me the trouble.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Thank you! I was hoping someone would say this, sparing me the trouble.

And you could be the Fresh Prince.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
As an actual show business pop star, residing and conducting business in southern California, Mr. Smith's attire is outstanding.

I can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I think he does indeed almost always dress great for most occasions. Not necessarily stuff you or I could wear, but it usually looks "right" for the context. Must either have a very good stylist or good sense or both.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I think he does indeed almost always dress great for most occasions. Not necessarily stuff you or I could wear, but it usually looks "right" for the context. Must either have a very good stylist or good sense or both.
I am really serious on this one. For a celebrity, Mr. Smith looks OK.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he dresses well, smart enough to know that if he doesn't try TOO hard, subsequently this reduces his Epic Fail rate.

But any douchebag can wear a button up shirt and a blazer. And any douchebag does.

Strange

Reaction score
Will Smith wears Ozwald Boateng. If you want to look like him, I suppose that's the place to start.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads