• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Obama lose votes for having bad streetwear style?

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Still, McCain pulls the look off better than many - maybe because he is still fairly slim/fit.
In fairness I think the McCain picture was a professional posed shot, not a candid shot like Obama's.

But McCain's look is very age appropriate if he really is a hunter.

BOF

Reaction score
I think that John Stewart had the right idea when he ranted about the attacks on Obama for being "elitist." I agree with him. I don't want someone like me to be President. I want someone far better than me. I want someone far smarter and far more capable than I could ever be. If they don't care to think about what they're wearing, all the more power to them. Einstein just had a bunch of the same grey suit so he'd never have to think about what to wear. Awesome. He had far better things to think about. I'd like my President to be the same way.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to get into a political discussion, but there is a difference between being elite and being an elitist.

Orpheus

Reaction score
That is without a doubt the first time Obama's been in public in streetwear since at least the republican convention. And McCain looks like somebody got him the ugliest pair of Levi's at Macy's and idly rubbed dirt on the knees. Really they both look mediocre, but I think they would get their heads chopped off if they wore anything better.

I'd like to at least be able to LOOK at the Current Events forum. I'm not going to pretend that I could offer any good opinion on what is said there, I'm guessing. But I'd like to look
dozingoff.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads