• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Obama lose votes for having bad streetwear style?

Metropolis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Hahah that's a whole new can of worms! I suggest moving any Liberal vs. Conservative taxing arguments to the Current Events section so people can continue to talk about Obama's poor choice in jeans here
tounge.gif

I wish I could join in on that forum. I am still under 100 posts, though.
frown.gif

Eh.. Thirty or so away.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably better that you don't join in on that forum. Your analysis of government "stealing" money was senseless.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt he ever saw those clothes before he put them on. He probably gave sizes, and I think from seeing him in some other interviews where his clothes are a little loose, that he has lost weight.

The guy has no time to shop and all of his clothes are probably picked out for him at this point.

There is nothing wrong with that either.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did a quick Google image search and couldn't find a pic of McCain in jeans for comparison. Which is fine .... I don't really dig senior citizens in denim.

I wonder how many pairs of Rockin' Republic the GOP bought for Pallin?

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
I did a quick Google image search and couldn't find a pic of McCain in jeans for comparison. Which is fine .... I don't really dig senior citizens in denim. I wonder how many pairs of Rockin' Republic the GOP bought for Pallin?
McCainConscience2.jpg
slide_516_11372_large.jpg
I find it amusing that people are always trying to compare Obama to Palin and Obama is always trying to compare McCain to Bush. It seems the Democratic party is trying to avoid comparisons of Obama to McCain. I can see why even though I am not voting for McCain he certainly has more experience. Too bad he made some poor choices or I may have voted for him.

Curious_George

Reaction score
He'd probably lose more votes by being stylish by our standards because he'd then appear "elitist" by average man standards.

How Palin has been able to get away with it with her populist message I'm not sure, but I guess as long as you convince people you're one them through a folksy message with lots of populist rhetoric it doesn't matter if your fashion contradicts it.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thats the sort of side-by-side comparison I was searching for! Both look equally hapless in denim. I think I would give a slight edge to Obama just for being a tad more age appropriate and because I really hate the whole American love of baseball hats. Still, McCain pulls the look off better than many - maybe because he is still fairly slim/fit.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame on Obama and McCain both for not wearing Diors while standing in the rain or trudging through mud with their dogs!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irrelevant to my choice of a candidate, I think it's shallow to pick a president based off this. Both McCain and Obama have had lackluster "streewear" fits but I don't really expect it from them anyhow.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O's "kicks" look mighty clean. Either he scrubs them with a toothbrush or that was his first time out in seekers in a long while.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
O's "kicks" look mighty clean. Either he scrubs them with a toothbrush or that was his first time out in seekers in a long while.

They're a brand new pair. If I've learned anything from this thread, it's that librulz steal things. He probably steals a new pair everytime he needs to wear some.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Shame on Obama and McCain both for not wearing Diors while standing in the rain or trudging through mud with their dogs!

You are a true patriot.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think McCain's jeans beat Obama's from these pics

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after inaguration day someone needs to start a WAYWTMP? (What Are You Wearing Today, Mr. President?) thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads