• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will I last?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I applied for (and apparently got) a job at the local FedEx sorting facility. I'd be moving packages around from 11 PM to 3 AM. The job description said the packages don't get heavier than 50 lbs., an easy lift for the Connemuscles.

But will I last? I imagine the people in the "overnight" shift are a surly bunch. Perhaps they won't take kindly to a Trad in their midst (Note to self: do not wear ribbon belt, loafers on first day).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
So I applied for (and apparently got) a job at the local FedEx sorting facility. I'd be moving packages around from 11 PM to 3 AM. The job description said the packages don't get heavier than 50 lbs., an easy lift for the Connemuscles.

But will I last? I imagine the people in the "overnight" shift are a surly bunch. Perhaps they won't take kindly to a Trad in their midst (Note to self: do not wear ribbon belt, loafers on first day).

You'll last as long as you would at Rikers Island, with similar sexual experiences.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to the job at the Italian restaurant? If you were fired/quit, that would affect my answer to this question.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
What happened to the job at the Italian restaurant? If you were fired/quit, that would affect my answer to this question.
I still have it. This would be my second job.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Looks like I'm the only one with faith in you, so far.

batorizer

Reaction score
I worked nights for a couple years and it sucked but you get used to it. Getting off at 3am would be nice; I got off at 7am.

For all ya'll young job hunters, especially those w/o college, take a look into air traffic control. Easy to get into right now, and after a couple years pay is pretty good too.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long are you planning on working there? If you're off to school in a month and a half, I'm sure you'll get through it. If this is indefinite, I think you'll quit within 2 weeks.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
How long are you planning on working there? If you're off to school in a month and a half, I'm sure you'll get through it. If this is indefinite, I think you'll quit within 2 weeks.
Yes, I'll be heading to school at the end of the summer. So just 'till the end of August/early September.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope this job pays well. It sounds like it would be awful. Why don't you tutor or teach SAT prep?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I hope this job pays well. It sounds like it would be awful. Why don't you tutor or teach SAT prep?

roffel.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Conne leach off his parents?

Aren't they well-off?

Why are you working these miserable jobs like the commoners?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have faith in you, connie. I am sure that you will come out of it a better man (I mean, how hard could it be to improve on the existing man?). good luck.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I predict you'll last just as long as you did with your last sorority girl, about 5 seconds.

The first two 50 lb packages will be easy; at the end of four hours, your "Connemuscles" (there's an oxymoron) could be near death. And don't ever wear a ribbon belt and loafers. You'll be doing manual labor, not sitting through a boring lecture ogling the babes around you.

One of my brothers worked the night shift for years (he now works 2pm-11pm) and I don't think he's any more surly than the day shift.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

I voted no because working an 11pm to 3am shift won't provide time for you to drink.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Doesn't Conne leach off his parents? Aren't they well-off? Why are you working these miserable jobs like the commoners?
I want to see how the other half lives.
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads