Why we never steal others images

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Carlo, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ck=true Am I mean bastard or did this seller deserve it for stealing my picture? Ok, I am a mean bastard AND the seller deserved it. ...did not even bother to steal it to her computer and edit it so as not to have my website in the properties.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

3. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I think you're being way too nice. I would go all out and find both some incredibly disgusting pictures and add some super offensive text in bright red letters, but that's my twisted sense of vengeance/humor.

4. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Can't - i have 20 oxxford auctions up using that picture. Any 44L's out there? Got yer suits.

...this is what happens when you mix Chuck, 2 bourbons and a long day... I get in touch with my 'inner a-hole'

5. dorian

dorian Senior member

hehehe.... I, too, seem to find myself creating a little trouble after two bourbons. Especially when poured for lunch. [​IMG]

6. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

Hey, Chuck. What about us 44XLs? We chopped liver?

Mike

7. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

8. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

An absolute fool that SBTracy. Chuck, whats the deal on the buttons on that Tracy auction? You post that an "Oxxford Must" (I saw it on the photo [​IMG] at SBTracy ) is the Kissing buttons yet the sportjacket on that auction has buttons on the sleeve that look like they were sewn on by a Child with ADD. JJF

9. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

That is a case of "I don't need to take my new jacket to the tailor, the girl at the dry cleaners does alterations".

...My favorite customer comment on Oxxford "The alterations lady at the dry cleaner says this suit is no good, the sleeves pucker at the shoulder because it must have been drycleaned wrong and the shoulder is smaller than the sleeve opening, i want a refund"

Sigh.

I think some folks will be reluctant to borrow my images without asking in the future :)

10. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Chuck, YOU ARE THE MAN. That is the best thing I have seen in a long, long time. It's given me an idea  [​IMG] From now on, when people steal my auctions, instead of sending a nasty email (never works) I've got to figure out a way to "Chuckinate" them  [​IMG]

11. Alias

Alias Senior member

This is in fact a tried and true way of dealing with image leechers. This is also a reason why we do not leech other people's images. This doesn't work if the person had copied and saved your image on his own hard drive space, but if he remotely links to it without your consent ("leeching" your bandwidth as a result) you are free to replace the image with something more... inappropriate. [​IMG] Edit: Here's my submission [​IMG] (If you want to use this, you'll have to rename the picture.)

12. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

I guess I'm missing something here. What is so funny about the ebay auction? The pictures look "normal" to me.

re: leeching -- I used to "swap out" photos when I caught people stealing my photos. I'd put up nekkid lady photos on their auctions and then report them to eBay, who would then terminate the auction and warn the seller for showing nekkid lady photos in the men's clothing section.

It worked well for me.

13. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I changed it back - I had put the text that Alias kept about
    "If this is not a Sartorialsolutions ad then I am a thief and you should not bid."

...But I relented, seller was very apologetic and feeds four kids with her ebay business.

I'm a prick, not that much of a prick :) so I took it back out and she promised never to use one of my images without permission/credit.

...I try to be mean but just can't pull it off too well.

14. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

darn those kids and their constant eating...

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Alias, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your version. The Oxxford Master Cutters picture just cracks me up. Good to have your fun Chuck. And it's good to be nice to ebay moms, too. Especially when they're contrite. But it was really funny (and deserved&#33[​IMG].